Loading video to the net

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Feb 7, 2004.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Is there any FREE way to load video (small clips) to an internet site, without owning one?

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Most internet providers give you some webspace...check with yours to see if any and how much. I have Cox and get 10mb for each e-mail account.

3. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

I want to load them to a WEBPAGE is the problem. Thanks for your help though.

4. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

I think what COmprat means that for every email account you buy from Cox, you get 10 MB of webspace.

Most local and regional ISPs (such as cox) will offer webspace as part of the deal. It's your job to create and publish the webpage - complete with whatever content fits in the space(including video clips) you wish.

My advice would be to first contact your ISP and find out if this is the case. If your ISP isn't so cordial to offer free space, you can next try one of the "free" hosting companies on the internet. Angelfire and tripod (from lycos.com) and Geocities (from yahoo.com) come to mind first.

They should be able to provide you, free of charge, with enough space for a page and small video clip. However, you will be limited on upstream bandwidth and they will put ads on your page.

If you pay, you can get more/unlimited bandwidth, as well as being free from ads.

www.geocities.com
    www.angelfire.com
    www.tripod.com

Yahoo also has a service called "Briefcase". I believe you get 30 mb for free, but you may only be able to share with others that have a yahoo account. I think there is also a limit on the size of the files you can upload.

briefcase.yahoo.com