Lock out

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Mar 11, 2011.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So as it seems this will not be settled any time soon. What are the chances the Jr's that entered early are able to obtain the services of some high priced attorney that will get them re-instated to play their Sr. yr of NCAA?

Yeah I'm going with nil but it was a nice thought. Sucks that no one warned them about this. Oh wait...

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Yeah, no matter how it's presented in a courtroom or an NCAA committee, once they've signed with agents, that's it, they're done on the collegiate level. Sucks.

3. shane0911

Unless of course they played for the luckeyes. Those cats still have a shot as far as I can tell.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Only if you don't play for auburn.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

6. shane0911

They can boycott the draft all they want, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. Sure, they can be drafted however if I understand it correct NO DEALS can be made. In other words they can't be signed, if they are not signed they don't get paid and they just sit on the shelf wasting time while fat cats argue about money. It is a shame that more of the underclassmen in this draft didn't head the warnings of the coaches and just stay put. PP especially. Sure, his $$ is already made, BUT it is going to be a while before it is in his hands. He could have spent that time playing for LSU.

7. LaSalleAve

I wonder if the NCAA can let anyone who got an agent come back under these circumstances if they pay back any money they received. I mean this would technically be a special circumstance would it not?

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Actually, the NFL could hire scab players to once again reinvent the league. At that point, hiring Julio or Peterson, not being a card carrying union player, could negotiate their own deal and dominate for decades against arena league talent. Tickets will be around 10 bucks a pop and mucho free beer nights for one and all.

And that my friends is how you make lemonade.

9. LaSalleAve

so this is what the huddle will look like?

[​IMG]