Logic, Emotion and Parallel Universes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BP, Dec 7, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

SD you are right, we all as fans, have the right to criticize and make suggestions as to what might be done to improve. It's the ones that only complain and their only offer for solution is to replace Miles. Thats whats uncalled for, and what I think most of the sunshine pumpers are talking about.

2. BP

BP Founding Member

I didn't mean not criticizing specific situations, plays, or decisions. If you can't do that, what's the fun in being a fan. I was referring primarily to those who are calling for Miles' head. There may be a very few coaches who could have done better overall, but the ones who are proven commodities at this level are already taken, and I've seen too many coaches who were successful at a lower level but couldn't make it when they were in a competitive conference such as the SEC. Its the "Devil you know" philosophy.

I was also referring to people who not only want us to win but who insist that unless we win "pretty" it doesn't count. My guess is, USCw fans would have loved an "ugly" win against Arizona, Michigan State would have been happy with an "ugly" win against Central Michigan and Notre Dame fans would have offered hundreds, if not thousands, of votive candles for an "ugly" win against almost anybody.

Of course I throw things at the TV during the game, and question Miles' legitimacy and his mother's mating habits. I think he is weak in clock management and does not like to admit he made a mistake. Congratulations, we have a real live, honest to God human being for a coach. He is undoubtedly not the "best" coach but his track record is such that he is a proven commodity and a "damn good" coach. If we average between nine and ten wins every season, I'll be very happy. If its "ugly" I'll take my nitroglycerin and hold on.

I'm old enough to remember Cannon's run... and I don't mean from watching the reruns. I'll bitch and moan and groan with the best of them. But, I'll also take what we've got now and be very thankful

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm old enough to remember the reruns!:lol:
    I admit that now that I've read this thread that I'm a little spoiled!:redface:
    I'll take an ugly win but it would be nice to have a little more rounded team instead of one or the other.:) sorry:redface:
    I agree with you guys here except I quit throwing things and putting holes in the walls years ago.:rofl:

I don't quite look at football the way I once did but I still love it and the Tigers.
    Maybe having a family and just growing older does that to U?
    I am so ready for the bowl season to begin, for starters, it gets me away from here!:grin:

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Imagine that, a perceptive perspective.

Very rare around these parts recently.

Thank you. :thumb::geaux:

5. LSUTIgerSTL

LSUTIgerSTL Freshman

HA, keep track my friend and bill me. Actually my design and your execution which I'm grateful for. Will post with a new execution soon which will have the 'eye' more feathered as it appears on the field. Will work on the helmet but not on hats etc.

Appreciate your insights!

good thread