Look at the garbage nonconference schedule in the first two years of the Twelve Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, May 18, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We need to remember that this schedule was made up before the 12th game was added. One marque team a year is pretty much the most we can expect to play I believe and Zona was a marquee team when we scheduled them, going 11-1.

I don't want to add 2 very good programs OOC every year. One real goos one, 2 mid tiered and 1 creme puff would be fine.

2. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

MAC teams have earned the right to be be considered mid-majors and big steps above the Sun Belt "creampuffs". NIU may have the best football team in Illinois.

3. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

When we scheduled Arizona they were better than they currently are, and it would not surprise me if they are better by the time they arrive here.

You also have to give some credit for bringing Arizona State in this year, thats a really good game.

Its got to be a really tough job scheduling teams, some back out and some teams get real bad and its not attractive when the game arrives. You don't want to just load up on Texas, Ohio State and others who have the best chance of being consistently good because you could kill your team with a brutal schedule. Its tough I bet, and at least some of it is out of the schedulers control.

LSU!

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Hey, NIU (Dekalb, Illinois) is the birthplace of Cindy Crawford. The local Motel 6 gets packed every year on her birthday. You can drive by anytime of night and the light will be on.
    NIU may well be the best team in Illinois... by default. They are one of those "Troy State" teams that are best left alone... like kickin' a sleeping dog... ask Bama.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Max, you've got "LSU Superiority Complex Syndrome". Those opponents are not that bad. When I read the post I thought I'd be seeing SWAC and MEAC teams in there.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Whats the deal with the VATech game? If they back out again, do we get a specific amount of money?

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Re: Look at the garbage nonconference schedule in the first two years of the Twelve G

The buyout is $350,000.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Re: Look at the garbage nonconference schedule in the first two years of the Twelve G

I wouldn't be surprised to see them back out unless their team is loaded

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I would like to see a home-and-home with texas a&m, alternating years with the tulane.. so we always have 7 at home. I always loved the aggie jokes on the radio..

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Doesn't sound like that will happen anytime soon. Here's a quote from Skip in The Advocate this morning. Not sure if he is referring to A&M, but I suspect he is ... as well as Texas.

"Dan is still working very hard to find somebody who will play us home and home. There are a lot of schools that just won't play us -- just outright refuse to play us. There are a couple of big-name schools in Texas that we've tried to talk to, but they won't even talk to us."