Look for Betts to be cut tomorrow

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Oct 10, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Payton don't play that shyt.

2. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

I agree but there was some BS play calling on the part of payton today. I have no idea what he was trying to do especially when we had the ball with 7 or so mins left. It was like they didnt care today.

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

There's plenty of blame to go around for that loss. It was a horrible game in all phases. Bress played the absolute worst game I've ever seen him play. He never removed his head from his butt long enough to get it into the game, he seemed extremely distracted and unfocused. I've never seen that from him since he's been there. Payton's play calling was worse than... well it was terrible.

The Saints actually allowed 30 points without allowing an offensive touchdown. Has that ever been done in the NFL before?

We'll get them next week.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Betts should have never been signed. He has been nothing more than a decent kick returner in washington. If the Saints don't go out and sign Julius Jones, or Willie Parker, or LJ, or maybe try and get Brandon Jacobs or someone in a trade, this offense is going to suffer with Pierre and Reggie out. All the pressure has fallen on the back of the wide receivers, and there are no superstars, save Colston maybe. Teams do not respect the Saints running game right now, and they shouldn't.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

i believe his wife is having a baby this week, if not today.

6. LaSalleAve

I think i heard that on his 60 minutes interview also.

You can't fault Brees though (not you rich), he is the entire offense now that Pierre and Bush are out. He is having to make plays, the receivers sure as hell aren't helping him out. Meacham just looks slow as a slug, Devry can't catch a cold, Colston is dropping alot of balls, hell i think Shockey has been the most reliable.

7. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

just to throw out another name what about Marion Barber, he aint getting much work in dallas and w/ jones and choice he is expendable imo. Might be a good choice, if its cheap.
    Also, reports are the panthers are getting calls on either of their rb's "of course they are saying no" right now but williams is in his final year and who knows if they will pay, so they might want something. They need WR's and i'd be willing to give up moore who is also in his final year and was rarely used when bush was healthy.
    However, i do believe that we must do something and while u can't blame this loss totally on Betts, his TO's (Fumble and ball hit off his hands for the 1st INT from Brees) accounted for 14pts. So, u do the math.

8. LaSalleAve

I don't think there is anyway in hell Jerry Jones would do anything that would benefit the Saints.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Interesting about Williams. Maybe he would be an adequate replacement for Bush, who's due $12 million next year. I doubt Benson is going to be willing to pay that kind of money to him. He's obviously a valuable part of the offense, but hasn't played a full season since we've had him and, while he's has great games here and there, he hasn't really had that breakout season worthy of $12million.

Good point. Of course that's why he played as unfocused as he did. I had forgotten about that.