Look how unbelievably loaded we are next year!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Feb 3, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

A roster of the team for next year? I suppose I could give him credit, but for some reason I don't think he minds... if he does, I apologize, Why so f cking touchy FT? I could see if it was an idea of his or something that took, some work but a roster... jeezus.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Say it ain't so KTeam!:hihi:

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I wanted to barf when I looked at the roster and RP is listed as the number 2 QB 2 days after signing his LOI and then on the next list MF's name isn't even on it. :dis:

Not even close to waht he said. You have your green dots don't keep posting drivel or you will lose them fast. The Saban is stupid statement will put you on the fast track to going red.

4. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Whoa there. I see where you're coming from. I agree, the team is loaded and should win 9-12 games. But consider, there are several teams in the SEC, and around the country, that are also "loaded." I submit that Tennessee, UGA, and UF's talent are comparable to LSU's. LSU may have an edge, but if so it ain't much. That is where coaching comes in. Keep in mind, the other programs practice and lift weights as well. They have guys who run 4.3s and 300 lb linemen, too. They conduct spring practice and August practice. They run and do conditioning, too. They scheme and practice and study film and X's and O's. It's not like LSU's opponents are going to see the Tigers' loaded roster, and simply roll over and play dead. The team w/ the coaching staff that puts its players in the BEST locations on the field (via offensive and defensive schemes and sets), that conditions them to be in top physical shape, that trains them to be mentally tough, and that motivates them to be at the top of their game EVERY game, will be the team w/ the best chance at making a run at a conference and national championship. Hopefully Miles and staff will be better at that than Tuberville, Meyer, etc. etc.

5. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

- K-team...don't take offense to anything I say in the following comments. This is just me respectably disagreeing/questioning your comments...what is your understanding of a tight end?
    - How many tight ends have you seen that also return kick-offs?

1. power running and ability to break tackles does not equal tight end. Joe addai (6'0 210 pounds) as tight end is laughable. He is an outstanding running back who will be utilized much like this past year. A great pass catching back...and a great third down back with the ability to break a huge gain any time he touches the ball.

also...

2. jones will be 1st team tight end. He is all-SEC caliber. This is no knock on Zinger.

3. New running back coach will help - but our backs were already on the way to stellar careers. Don't give too much credit to the new RB coach if one guy has a breakout year. (this is no knock on the RB coach either)

6. louisiana tiger

louisiana tiger Freshman

What about Amp Hill and Brian West?

7. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

Oooooohhhhhhhh, just got chill bumps looking at that list. LET 'ER RIP!!:geauxtige :geauxtige

8. max

max Founding Member

It did take some work. I had to take last year's numerical roster. Copy and paste. Get rid of the players not returning. Add the signing class. Segregate them by position and roughly rank them in order of importance for 2005 even though some of them have not played in a game yet.

But, I don't mind you using it without a credit. These things that I make are worth what they cost. Nothing.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU is loaded with talent, and will be sound on offense and defense. But Les must make three things happen for The Tigers to go all the way:

1. An efficient quarterback must energe

2. The kickers must improve their reliability

3. Our return teams must get back into the game.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think you guys are on it. I don't know what the reason for keeping the offense chained up last year was but we had massive speed and never seemed to do anything with it. I hope miles and fisher open it up big time. If so then I guess it was slicky nicky all along, if not, then I think Jimbo needs to go. There is no reason we can't avg 40 pts a game with this roster.