Look out Climate Deniers! They are coming for us!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I don't know what "scientist" you're referring to but please explain the mechanism that allows a heat trapping gas to cool. BTW there is no compression/expansion cooling effect if you want to try the red herring. That isn't allowed by thermodynamics.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

CO2 is not a heat trapping gas; CO2 needs water vapor for the effect to work. Water vapor is the most abundant green house gas found in our atmosphere. Why do you think the ice cores show a peak in high temperatures followed by a sharp decline? What is you "think" is causing that?

You should be talking about thermal radiation and law of radiation. I am sure caca can help you out.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It's really simple and no need to talk all the science cause I know all this already. Point is for a person to think that man can change the weather much less the current and future climate is insane. We are so stupid in this country now we have allowed CO2 a gas all animals on earth exhale to be designated a pollutant by the Supreme Court, think about that for a while. Lastly we are at the point now that politicians have convinced millions of us that if you vote for me and let me tax you and give up a lot of your freedoms and do with a lot less I will control the weather and climate. Of course HE will not be subjected to doing without because HE is smarter, better and more entitled than us ignorant and unwashed surfs.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I'm with caca on this subject. Yeah, the earth is warming... and cooling... and warming... as it has done for thousands of years. Nothing to see here folks... caca has it under control. :)

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not concerned with 300,000 or 450,000 year cycles. I'm concerned about me and mine and theirs and theirs
    Kikipoopoo may be right. But he may be wrong. If he is wrong and we do nothing we are fucked. If the climate change people are wrong no harm, no foul and we end up with air and water that is at least a little cleaner

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It's funny people are so concerned about losing the Mexicans for cheap labor raising economic prices (which is false) yet want to tax energy and make it more expensive.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No harm? Spending billions out of the newest fear has always been stupid especially when an infinite amount of our money won't fix it.

That may be the dumbest position someone could take.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not saying spend billions but a couple 100 mil. A drop in the bucket. About like me or you spending a quarter

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I don't think you understand how the federal government works.

watson1880 likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So what do we get for "a couple 100 mil"? Do the "climate change people" have like a menu? Who are these "climate change people"? So lets see a couple 100 mil is not much so could I order a summer with a few days that at 000099% deg cooler? Hey lets think bigger and spend a couple 100 tril could I get a whole entire summer of .000099 deg cooler? I am a snow skier so could I order 3 more days to the ski season? Now lets think really really really big lets send ALL of our money to the "climate change people" ,whoever they are, and give up our cars, poop in an outhouse, live in tents, stop bar b queing, breath less, kill off a few billion people (not any of the "climate change people" of course) give up our guns, tear up the constitution, stop playing football (uses too much energy and 100,000 cooasses all screaming at once may cause a local temp rise), give up making gumbo uses too much energy, oh and no more sex (causes too much heat, well no more sex for us common folks the "climate change people" can have as much sex as they want can't have too many "climate change people"), turn over our country to the UN, put democrats in charge for life and lastly kneel and pray twice a day in the direction of Al Gore's 24,000 square ft SUV laden house. If we do that you think maybe possible hopefully that we could get the "climate change people" to make it 72 deg year round, perhaps change the rotation of the earth so we have longer days, maybe the " climate change people" could even stop the earths rotation totally for a year and give one half of the earths people 1 year of summer and rotate it 180 deg the following year for the other half. Oh and stop those "pesky" hurricans and "annoying" tornadoes. Oh and maybe make Holly Beach a surfers paradise with cool clean perfect 12 ft waves, sharkless and bar b q free of course. Perhaps I am asking for too much as one of the great unwashed deplorables, forgive me oh great and wonderful "Cilmate Change People" I will be happy for a lump of coal oh forgive me again for coal is evil.

Lets all sing now common folk and worship our new diety saint_gore.gif

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people living for today
    Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
    You may say I'm a dreamer