Lookin' at game 2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, May 3, 2004.

1. Killernut

Killernut Freshman

WHAT? :shock:

You must be kidding no way you actually think... C'mon

Take a big breath you need to get some more oxygen to you brain.

2. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I am just taking this game for what it is...

a soft OOC game. If LSU comes out and plays tough and hard with their heads in the game it will be 52-3 or 52-6 or something like that. LSU mustn't take them lightly but we should be fine.... worry about the UGA game if you MUST worry...

3. LSU

LSU Founding Member

How many of you went to the Western Illinois game? Midway through the third quarter I was worried about being another 99 UAB. What was it, 13-7 after halftime? Gotta be careful about not caring.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Arkansas State was ranked 105th out of 117 Div I schools in total offense last year. On defense they were ranked 77th.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Just my opinion, but I think we should treat every game as if it were a title game this year. People will be expecting spectacular things from LSU this year and we must be able to deliver. LSU seems to always have had a curse with taking games lightly (Untill Nick came around)... We should at all costs avoid that behavior.... It would make us look a whole lot worse if, God forbid, there is to be an upset....

Geaux Tigers!

6. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

.. Thats kind of the "vibe" I got before the UF game last season, seemed like we didnt take the game seriously enough. Mabe im just rambling on, but in my opinion that is a major reason we lost.

7. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I do care about this game....

I agree we should play each game hard and care about the preperation for each, BUT when faced with an 11 game schedule ASU ain't the one that worries me.

I agree about UF, we noticed the apathetic atmosphere that day too. In an odd way I believe that early "easy" TD punt return may have made the team play even worse.

BUT... it takes considerably more apathy to allow ASU to do some damage. I simply believe LSU should take ASU seriously when the TIME comes, but I just can't be to worried about them now, especially with road games at UGA, AU & UF.

I believe LSU will rout this team badly. 2nd game on the schedule is a bad place most of the time.

8. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

ARK. St. will be powder puff style team. They are a confidence builder for our younger and more inexperienced players. Therein lies the crux. Who's confidence do we boost? Will Nick start one of the fresh. QB's in this game or will they be regulated to mop up duty. I don't care how much better Randal is, if we don't get these guys a lot of playing time then we will be a ? at for QB in 2005. And having back to back ?s at QB for two years is something we need to avoid. Dandy Don has already picked LSU to win it all in 2005. I would love to see that, but it can't happen with this ? crap at QB. My vote start Russel for the Ark St. game and let him learn - to lead.