Looking Ahead to Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Oct 25, 2015.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Both teams have two weeks to prepare for the contest. Trying to be objective, I think the extra week off will benefit us more than Bama. We should be as healthy for Bama as we've been all season. #7 will certainly benefit from an extra week off.
    I see it as a pretty even match up between us & Bama on offense and defense. What concerns me is the game might be decided by special teams.
    I wonder what the opening line will be and if it will be published today or next week? I suspect Bama will be a 4 or 5 point favorite.
    I'm 99.9% certain the game will be televised as a night game by CBS. So prepare yourself for Uncle Verne and 1443283608830.jpg

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It definitely benefits them too though. Tennessee was really physical with them. Some defensive adjustments have to be made. Rickey Jefferson shouldn't see the field. He is a liability. I can think of 5 TD's this season that have come because he blew his assignment or got beat. And when a 250 pound (at least he looked 250) running back jukes you out of your shoes you got problems. LaCouture obviously makes a difference as well, didn't think he was that important but, I guess he is. I also hope the media starts bringing up how Fournette only had 75 yards in last year's game against Alabama.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Bama will open about a 7 pt favorite and I expect it to go down to 5.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  4. COTiger

Not surprisingly, we moved up to #4 in the Coaches poll and Bama is #7.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I feel like we're going into the bye week more rested.

6. COTiger

Elaborate please.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We've been able to rest our backs. Bama's game yesterday, even the commentators kept saying Henry looked like he'd lost a step. They mentioned when Saban was asked, before the Tenn game, about needing a break he didn't want to hear about/talk about it.

Just like yesterday's games, Bama was in a dog fight. We coasted.

Now, the back half of our schedule, like LVT would say, will be grueling.

cajdav1, COTiger and tirk like this.
  8. COTiger

Got it. Thanks. I didn't get to see much of the Bama - UT game.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's gonna be a dog fight. I'm torn right now between who I think will win. I think special teams is basically a wash, because Bama's sucks too. The things we do well on specials teams they suck at and the things they do well on special teams we suck at. We have a better field goal kicker they have a better return game. Our run defense is pretty good, theirs is really good. Our passing game is good, theirs is good, our running game is great, theirs is really good. Our passing defense is suspect and theirs is too.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I picked LSU to go 10-2 with the two losses on the road at Ole Miss and Bama. I still think those are potential road losses. It is extremely difficult to beat a ranked SEC West team on the road. It will be hard enough beating A&M and Arkansas at home. LSU is good this year, but not as good as in 2011 . . . but neither is Bama. Ole Miss is as good as they have been in 50 years.

SaintSlidell and fanatic like this.