Looking Ahead: What's your opinion regarding offensive philosophy in '05?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 25, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

We have known quantities at the following positions:

OL
    RB
    WR

We have unknown quantities at the following positions:

QB
    TE

Knowing what you know about what Vincent's capable of. What Skyler can do when he's healthy. How Bowe can step up his game if he gets his head clear. How Addai can blow a hole-or even a game-wide open if he puts his mind to it.

Knowing what you know regarding all that...and knowing that JaMarcus Russell responded in the Bowl Game like no once since Rohan Davey in the '00 Peach Bowl...What do think the prevailing offensive philosophy will be next year in Baton Rouge?

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Score lots of points, often.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Be as balenced as possible...throw the ball down the field more often...thats about it.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I would expect more of the same, with improved down field passing. Run run run if possible, and get the ball in the WR's hands any way possible. Broussard will have the whole country talking him next year. Guaranteed.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

I get a sneaky feeling that Tiger Stadium has seen its last Bubble Screen for the time being. I am really looking forward to our speedy receivers hitting full speed prior to the ball being thrown (during the route - I saw very little of this last year). I am also really looking forward to some serious offensive chemistry as all this talent finally molds and hardens...

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

we have talent everywhere, so even if its inexperienced throw it into the fire. i wouldnt change much except THROW THE BALL DOWNFIELD more. it should decongest the middle of the field, too. the d will be good so it can handle offensive screwups (like this year). maybe if we throw the ball downfield a lot early in the season, it will be clicking later.

te, does that post mean you predict JV will have a significant role next year?

still have jones reuturning at te, huh?

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

never been so impressed with broussard. jv needs a lot of space (kevin faulk type). addai is my guy. i cant believe he didnt get more pt. especially after UF game. he is such a weapon with hard running and receiving

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We basically have the same cast coming back next season as we had last season, the same talent, the same explosiveness, the same exceptional skill players with a year's more experience. And hopefully a healthy unit as we don't know what happens in that area. Skyler's injury hurt us a lot more last year than any of thought could be possible and I think the Bowl game showed that.

QB will again be very important and hopefully both will be much better prepared for live action as they both have great upside. I think with the extra experience at WR and RB along with a talented TE that the offense will be much more consistent and that the QB's will also be much more consistent. Only time will tell as to the QB's though, no amount of practice will prove to us how good they will be in live play.

If they are at least consistent we will have the tools to be an explosive unit, one of the best in the nation.

9. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If Green stays healthy we will see much more of the bubble screen than we saw last year and I for one love it.