Looking forward to Ole Miss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by terry cox, Nov 13, 2005.

1. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

Who other than Joe A. is hurt and needs a rest and who needs "seasoning" in the last couple of games?

I would like to think starters would be able to be pulled early in order to avoid injury.

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

This isn't North Texas... This is Ole Miss, the team who was beating us at halftime a year ago. A team who was close to keeping us out of the SECCG in '03...

I don't care how bad they are, they will usually play us closely.

They are a rival and they can go to hell... :eek:lefire::eek:lefire:

3. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

Can't fight logic. Play full blast and take nothing for granted. Getting beat by Ole Miss would be the worst insult we could possibly suffer.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well, at least I'm HOPING for certain starters to be given the opportunity to leave the game with LSU safely winning, but I just don't see that happening until the 4th quarter (if at all).

However, in the event that we do manage to jump out big early, I would hope that Addai rests (I would actually start JV vs Ole Miss and keep Addai dressed and ready, but on the sidelines).

I know we have a few O-linemen that are a little banged up, so it would be nice to be able to play some of the reserves considering that we're losing nearly all of our O-line starters after this season.

Perhaps get Bennie and Xavier Carter some more playing time since Bowe and Davis have been our most productive WR's (Davis has been a warrior battling through some nagging injuries early in the season and Bowe is JR's favorite target down near the endzone, it seems...So it would be nice to give him a break when given the chance to make sure he's healthy for Arkansas and the SECCG). And maybe if Bowe and Davis get to leave the game early with a lead, then Skyler can get more chances catching the ball, and Shyrone can get more playing time and return a few punts?

Defensively, we appear to be pretty healthy. Kuale is back and seems to be full strength. Karl Dunbar does a great job of rotating D-linemen each game, so they're really healthy and he's gotten a lot of playing time for some of our younger players.

I would like to get enough of a lead to allow Flynn to get back in a game. At the end of the season, JR would have played 10 straight weeks (11 if we indeed make the SECCG), so I would imagine that some fatigue may start to set in (but maybe not considering he's got such a strong arm...).

5. BostonBengal

Yeah. No need to to have a "let down game" now...

6. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

LSU still has to play a good game against OLE MISS . we are on the road in the SEC and thats never an easssssssy challenge. LSU should be ready for an OLE MISS team that will try to throw everything at them including the kitchen sink

7. BostonBengal

Yeah. Orgeron is from Louisiana and he would like nothing more than to feed us a nice, big sh*t burger to eat.... Beating us would go a LONG way in turning some heads for recruits, not only in Mississippi, but in Memphis and Louisiana as well (two places that he is determined to do well recruiting in)..... Not to mention that a loss to Ole Miss would ruin our season.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm worried about the Ole Miss game - have been since Orgeron was hired. I don't care that he's a crappy coach & the team sucks. Orgeron hates LSU, this is a pretty big rivalry game, & he is an emotional coach that will have his team fired up to play LSU.

You take no game for granted. You don't pull starters until they have won the game.

9. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

I hope we will remain focus and dont start looking further down the road this week against ole piss

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

this coming week we're going to see lots of people posting about how we ought to play the water boy for Ole Myth. :eek:lefire: Don't pay them any attn.

Ole Myth is always the fly in the soup. The fact that they sucketh makes it even worse because coming off a big win it's easy to have a let down and overlook them. :eek:

Let's hope Miles has the boys focused on the goal, one game at a time to get to the SEC CG. The job isn't done, we have two very good obstacles to hurdle.
    Makes no sense to jump the biggest then play goofy and trip over the low one.

Ole Miss is always the odd man out, therefore they would create the worst case scenario. THAt in itself is the very reason we need to stomp a mudhole in their Arse. If nothing else to prove a point.

To go around saying " we need to rest this guy" or "we need to send in the water boy" is falicy. anyone posting this BS is showing what they know about this series. Yes we SHOULD smother them. SHOULD is the key word here.

I have confidance we will if the players aren't subjected to people who talk the same BS that this post amplifies.

You can throw out the statistics when we play Ole Myth, they always get stoked for LSU. Mainly because they have played us close in the past and they will cling to anything that could "salvage" their season for them.

Trust me I live up here I know. ;)

so stop with the " let's rest Addia" and " let's let the cheerleaders play" Because in actuality Miles or ANY good coach won't do that with the SEC CG on the line. if Addia is hurt he won't play, the coaches are making good decisions so far, let them make them.
    Speculation is fine but this is lunacy. :shock: :dis:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fortunately for us MILES is coach and not a few less than enlightened individuals on this forum.

keep your day job, LSU is not looking for a coach. :nope:
    or advisor either for that matter. :nope: :dis:
    ( not you Terry, just overlookers in general )

Besides, we HAVE to beat OLE MYTH. I loathe them beyond any school on earth, they are the most pretentious group of fans I've ever seen, Candelabra's at the tailgate indeed!

:eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: :eek:lefire: