Looking peachy/chickeny?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigermark, Nov 24, 2012.

1. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

The loser in the BCS selection beauty contest between UF, UGA, and Bummer will go to the Capital One. If everything goes right, then it will be UGA to MNC, Bummer to Sugar, UF to Capital Uno.

Chick-fillet is higher in the pecking order than Shrimp on the Barbie. Like others have said, the Cotton is a lock for eaTme.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

The way Satan kisses butt, I anticipate they go Sugar instead of UF. This is Bama we are talking about...

(OK, maybe not, but it would not surprise me if the Sugar ditched UF when they magically lose their #4 ranking.)

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm all about using a perfected computer ranking system, but that doesn't really exist (I made a pretty awesome one at one point, but no one is beating down my door for it). Personally, I really like the AP rankings (flawed as they are), and can live with the BCS rankings. I just want a playoff, and a 4 team playoff is closer to what I want than what we have currently.

So... h2h really doesn't matter in rankings, it is really about body of work. If LSU and Bama each had one loss, LSU's was to Bama and Bama's was to ULM, I say LSU gets the nod.

4. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

I like college football news prediction of outback bowl versus Michigan. How is that for a storyline?

5. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

I can't think of a better way to spend New Year's Eve. GEaux Tigers.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

The only teams I'd like to see Lsu play are uga and nd, except for rematches.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Gonna be a tough game if we play Clemson but that's what it looks like to me. Good lets get this year over with. Started out terrible in January and ended up with 2 heartbreaking losses, tons of injuries, and turmoil off the field, bring on 2013.

8. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Wrong it will be winner of sec to the mnc, loser to cap one bowl, Florida to sugar(because Florida will be top4 so they're garunteed a bcs game, Texas a&m to cotton, lsu to chik fil a, south Carolina to outback and the rest really does not matter.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

BCS - Georgia
    Sugar - Florida
    Capital One - Alabama
    Cotton - Texas A&M (LSU starts next season vs. TCU in Cowboys Stadium)(LSU has played there twice recently - Cotton Bowl, Oregon)
    Outhouse - South Carolina (if they want LSU, we should refuse as they always screw the west even when the top east opponent is off the board)
    Chick-fil-A - LSU
    Gator - Mississippi State
    Liberty - Ole Miss
    Music City - Vanderbilt
    Birmingham - Thank GOD nobody has to play in this crap of a bowl!
    Independence - No eligible teams remain to take on ACC opponent. I hope they can attract a decent matchup.

Georgia & Alabama could flip-flop depending on how badly the SEC HQ office wants to cheat this season. Look for ZERO O-line holding calls on Bama...AGAIN!

The Cotton could select LSU if it's based on who deserves it more but I expect the home state boys to get the nod. Selecting LSU would mean four games for the Tigers in Cowboys Stadium in a 24 month period. I don't think they want LSU to gain any additional recruiting ground over the Aggies with them now being in the SEC.

The Outhouse has the first choice of the remaining east teams but could reach across to the west. Screw them! Let them stick with South Carolina.

It looks like another trip to Atlanta is in the cards. The Chick-fil-A gets lucky having a 10-2 LSU who will pack the stadium.

By then the Falcons will be 14-2 (with both losses to the Saints) and 1-2 weekends away from being eliminated by New Orleans. The Fail-clowns will finish 14-3 (all 3 to the Saints) and N.O. will go on to win the SB at home. I'll get to wear LSU and Saints attire while in Atlanta which will help me to overlook playing in a bowl game below what we deserve. :)

I won't complain about the Chick-fil-A though. After the way we've played the past few games, we should be happy playing anywhere. It's time to get healthy and time to play inspired football. Going through the motions will get you beat!

stevescookin likes this.