Looking peachy/chickeny?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigermark, Nov 24, 2012.

1. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

We'll see if UF drops out of the top 4... that Bama bias runs deep. With the Sugar preferring Bama over UF with respect to potential attendance, the rankings might get magically skewed.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And bowls have learned that SECCG losers have fans so disappointed in not going to the BCS game, that they don't follow their team as well to a lesser bowl.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But players and fans prefer sunny Florida to north Georgia. LSU fans are a bit tired of Atlanta, perhaps.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The Cap One has, as its parameter, the team they chose be within one game of that third team in the SEC rankings as a whole.

As quickly as A&M sells their ticket allotment, it's my opinion they would be a fool not to invite A&M.

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Not gonna happen.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Everyone is assuming A & M is a lock to the Cotton, but will the CB really be interested in seeing the Aggies beat up a Big 12 team their first year after leaving the conference?

shane0911 likes this.
  7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

That's the million dollar question.....the cotton bowl loves them some LSU also.

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

With Texas A&M moving to the SEC there won't be many opportunities to match the Aggies & Longhorns. If the Cotton Bowl can have them both, they may jump on it. I'm not sure it would hurt Dallas having two in-state teams as many would still need to travel therefore spending money for lodging, meals, etc.

The Sugar Bowl trumped the Cotton with the new SEC/Big 12 champion game. The Cotton may want to attempt one last hurrah with UT/A&M.

We played Texas A&M (Cotton) and Oregon (Kickoff) recently in Dallas and start next season against TCU (Kickoff) in Cowboys stadium. I want to play in the city which will benefit us the most from recruiting and/or growing our fan base. If Dallas helps us compete with the Longhorns & Aggies for the services of a couple top targets...let's go there. If playing in Atlanta helps us grab a few top guys (especially while Tennessee & Auburn are down)...let's go there.

I like BBQ or fried chicken sandwiches, so it doesn't matter to me. Either way it appears we'll play in a RED state which is where I prefer to spend my money! :)

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Seems we have been doing better in the DFW area which is a hotbed for talent. Cotton would be fine with me. Last time we played 2 in a row there we were at the beginning of a nice little winning streak, and I'm biased because I live 15 minutes from Jerry World.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

cap one gets first pick, so i dont think they are a lock to cotton.