Looking peachy/chickeny?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigermark, Nov 24, 2012.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But you can forget about getting a ticket. I was told that I can be put on a ticket waiting list--for NEXT season's Cotton Bowl.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Cotton won't take aTm. They want to fill the hotels in the area, not the highways. IMO the SECG will decide the bowls.
    Bama wins, UGA gets CapOne, UF gets Sugar, LSU gets Cotton, aTm gets Chick.
    UGA win, Bama goes Cotton, USC gets CapOne, LSU gets Chick...

3. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Cotton would love atm vs texas....pushing ratings. Thats like saying the sugar bowl doesn't like LSU, they dont care about hotels as much as they do ticket sales and ratings, hotels will take care of themselves. If Bama wins I agree with everything you said EXCEPT flip flop atm and LSU.
    If Georgia wins Cap one takes bama, atm to cotton, LSU chick fil a, usc outback, and no matter what Florida gats the sugar.

tigermark likes this.
  4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Reading b/t the lines: LSU gets chick no matter what as well. I would rather play Texas than Clemson. To me, b/c I watch the games on t.v., it's all about WHO we play, not WHERE. It's not the chick-fil-a part that bums me, it's the playing Clemson vs. Texas part. Not that Clemson isn't a worthy opponent. I think Tahj Boyd and all those receivers can give us fits. I'd just like to get revenge for the 2002 Cotton Bowl loss to Texas. In the end, this is what happens when the SEC is as top heavy as its been the last 3 years, in particular.

tirk likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm not sure that a game between two schools who played for 100 straight years is going to be that good for ratings.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I have a friend who is a ticket broker with 270 something tickets each year to the Cotton. He was told about a month ago that Texas officials had already made it known to the Cotton Bowl selection committee they didn't want to play A&M. It was under the guise of "it wouldn't be healthy since the recent move."

Now that is something I haven't been able to wrap my mind around. Healthy? I'm assuming they mean it can only hurt—as in Texas considering their recent success.

One thing he pointed out concerning ticket sales is the A&M fan base traditionally sells bowl tickets faster than any other team. In hours, not days. (Picture Ole Miss going to the Liberty Bowl this year but on a much larger scale.)

I hard pressed to see anything A&M would gain from playing in the Cotton.

All of these points lead me to think the selections may take some strange turns this season. As example, and hinted at earlier, I would not be surprised to see Ole Miss picked ahead of Miss. State and Vandy with a worse record. I could see Ole Miss fans going nuts over an invitation to the Gator. And, even though it's a lesser game, traveling to Nashville.

Ticket sales wise? No question Ole Miss will sell more than those other two teams.