Looking to come visit the Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Herald Uv Toth, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Herald Uv Toth

Herald Uv Toth Freshman

Hello everyone,

Basically i'm a sporting atmosphere enthusiast and I'm looking to take in the atmosphere down in Tiger stadium in the next year or two. I've been scouting it for about 2 years now, along with about 15 other American College Football stadiums. I mostly travel around the world to Soccer stadiums and been to some of the best, like Camp Nou in Barcelona for the Derby with Madrid, Anfield in Liverpool against Chelsea in Champions league and such.

I'm just looking for some insight on the place and the best game to attend and what to expect as an atmosphere and will it be worth my time.

I'm used to atmosphere's like this.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs

Thanks for your time.

2 people like this.
  2. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

you should have come for the florida game.......that was the best ever in death valley. However, every game is fabulous in DV! :thumb:

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Holy cow. Those people went nuts when that dude kicked that ball. Was that like some sort of world record for logest kick ever or something?

Just messing with ya. Best tips I can give you are to come for a night game, no exceptions. Also come for a game where we play Florida\Auburn\Ole Miss\Bama. If you can score Bama tickets for next year that should be your game.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You need to go ahead and decide on coming the the LSU vs. Alabama game in 2008. That's probably as good as it will get for the next couple of years. As far as the crowd goes at least.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i vote for what grad just said the only drawback is that it may be a 2:30 game and not a night game.
    also, i think we play georgia next year at home too. but bama's the one.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Lets see. Barcelona, Madrid, Liverpool. You wouldn't happen to own a crystal marlin ?

7. Herald Uv Toth

Herald Uv Toth Freshman

Thanks guys.

It will most likely be next season versus Auburn or Alabama considering those are your rivals, that's if i get there next season. A friend of mine knows more about college football then me, and he insists on trying to get into a student section, but the thing is i don't have any connections, but it's a work in progress.

3 places i have on my radar in the American sports scene are LSU football, Penn State Football and Duke or Florida college basketball. From what i've been researching, these are the best choices. I've been to an NFL playoff game and i was really dissapointed(Eagles), so i won't be doing that again. Only other North American sports scene i've been involved with was a NY Rangers and Montreal Canadiens NHL hockey playoff game, and they were pretty impressive and as close to a Euro soccer atmosphere and i plan on attending more.

What are your suggestions on any others?

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You can buy LSU student tickets and have them upgraded for a fee. That allows for you to stand in the student section for the game without breaking any rules.

One of the students here can give the details on how that works.

9. fordochetiger

fordochetiger Founding Member

3 places i have on my radar in the American sports scene are LSU football, Penn State Football and Duke or Florida college basketball. From what i've been researching, these are the best choices. I've been to an NFL playoff game and i was really dissapointed(Eagles), so i won't be doing that again. Only other North American sports scene i've been involved with was a NY Rangers and Montreal Canadiens NHL hockey playoff game, and they were pretty impressive and as close to a Euro soccer atmosphere and i plan on attending more.

What are your suggestions on any others?[/QUOTE]

A saturday night in Tiger Stadium against a quality opponent is a far superior atmosphere to any of the others mentioned above. The Auburn game is always exciting. And you can't go wrong with Alabama, or Florida either.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

it'll have to be bama next year we don't play auburn at home next year.

go to duke and see if you can be there when they take on north carolina. that should be one of the better college basketball experiences. there are so many great college football venues but LSU is the best in my biased and unbiased opinions. i've heard a lot of good things about penn st but know very little.