look'n for other Tiger fans in NW Houston area

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUnHou, Sep 11, 2006.

1. LSUnHou

LSUnHou Freshman

Hi Tiger fan in n NW HOUSTON lookin for other tiger fans for get togethers. Wife and I will be at SRO's on Cutten on 1960 SAT. for the Auburn game. if interested in meeting up let us know. And as always GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!:helmet:

2. Mistylue

Mistylue Freshman

Well Hello........ I am here in Houston........ well Humble. I am from BR and have tickets for all the home games but hang here on the away games...................... If you really want to do the game up right and in the right way you NEED to go to Woodrows on Chimneyrock. I went last year when it was hed to make it to BR after the storm and let me tell you it was like home away from home. They play all the songs and it is a sea of purple and gold. I had no idea that there was that many LSU fans in Houston. Let me know if you want to hang............. and as always GEAUX TIGERS

3. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

Woodrow's is the place to be. It was a little calm for the ULL game, but it's hard to get too excited when the game is in hand before kickoff. The top floor is lined w/ purple & gold. If youre in Houston, head out there.

4. LSUnHou

LSUnHou Freshman

thanks for leeting me know about woodrows , sounds like the cure for my tigeridis. What is usually a good time to get there so i can get a good seat?
    Was at the LSU/Zona game last saturday , was awesome to see the tigers in person again. :helmet: Hope to see yall at WOODROWS, we will be! ad thanks again.

5. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

I went to Woodrows at about 4:00 for the 7pm kickoff against ULL and got to pick my seat. I would expect it to be a bit more crowded this time. So go anytime between 3-5 for the best options in seating. They may not open the upstairs until 4-5, but that doesnt mean they havent started serving drinks downstairs!

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I have a friend in Spring who is a relocated Tiger fan. I'll have to mention to him about Woodrows and see if he knows the place. If things continue the path they are in my wifes job situation, my family may be in that area next season. Good to know there are some fans we can get in touch with.

7. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I live in Spring also. Woodrows is in town, so it's about a 40 minute drive in light traffic, but it is the place to be if you want to join a big crowd of Tiger fans. The place is "Death Valley West" on Tiger game day! But, get there very early, or you will be standing!

SRO on FM 1960 near Spring gets a nice contingent of LSU fans for games. Also, there is an alumni chapter in The Woodlands that gathers somewhere on I-45 near or in The Woodlands, but I'm not sure where they are now doing it. You could prolly find it on the web.

:geauxtige GEAUX TIGERS! :geauxtige

I predict:

Real tigers 13
    War Chickens 9

No TD streak continues!

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Yeah, I'll be at Woodrow's (very early) on Saturday, but I have to admit...for such a big place that caters to sports fans, the quality of their televisions suck, frankly.

No flat screens, no HDTV. Kinda sad, actually.

9. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

This one's an afternoon game (2:30 KO), so I would advise getting there by Noon. :wink:

10. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

Holy crap!! Im so sorry about my advisement of time

Yes, yes, yes,...
    Get there early. I think it opens around 1030... so being there by 11-1130 should be ideal
    What the hell was I thinking?!:confused: