Looks like Fisher is Staying at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

So it wasn't opened enough when Rohan Davey through for like 600 yards against alabama in 2001. It seems to me when saban's defenses were somewhat weak for his standards, he would open the offense a little more. If I recall our defense in 01 was not very good early on in the season. In my opinion, it was saban that was holding jimbo back.

2. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

Maybe you are right and maybe you are not. Time will tell. I sure hope so. In that case I would apologize for my comments about Jimbo. I know Saban liked playing defense with a mixture of field postion. But how does the offense relate to the defense. Its an entirely different team?

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

The past two seasons in which LSU had stable QB play were 2003 and 2001.

In 2003, LSU averaged nearly 34 ppg; in 2001, LSU averaged nearly 29.

In short, it seems like whenever Jimbo Fisher has a seasoned QB who knows his offense, the team scores points. Whenever he has an inexperienced QB, the offense suffers a bit.

Do you really think that the QB position is so unimportant on the college level that teams should score points by the bushel even when they aren't led by a consistent QB? Do you think you can win consistenly in the SEC without running the ball the majority (51% or more) of the time?

Just curious.