Looks like Fran might have a new Job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 27, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

PHP:
    www.dfwsw.com/pages/index.php
    I dont know how much stock this is worth but looks like BAMA not having a good day.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Well I think they changed the story on us. It is now a story about Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavs.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

THEY SURE DID

The Story sited sorces close the A&M family that Slocum would step down after the Texas game and the same sorces said Fran could be named head coach as early as Monday. Fran has been offerd a 5 year 14 million dollar contract. I have found out the reason that he would not sign the Bama contract was because of a non competing clause that says if he leaves the UA he can never coach college football again. I have also heard that this is not a done deal at A&M and that if he is not named the coach at A&M Houston Nutt is the other candidate.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: THEY SURE DID

I don't know about all these "rumors". I mean, I'm not discounting them completely. We never know what is going to happen until it does.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Fran bolt for East Texas. If that money is correct, I wouldn't blame him a bit. If the clause is true (I heard it was a five-year 'No compete' clause), I can't imagine why he would stay. I mean, probation now...NCAA is looking again...and it seems that alumni can't keep their wallets in their pockets near high schools in Memphis. It could be a recipe for disaster for his career. His only option would be the NFL...and I think his long-lost twin brother is already there coaching the Rams.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

I HOPE HE STAYS AT BAMA

I think he will hurt LSU recruiting in the city of Houston if he goes to A&M the first couple of years at A&M.

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I agree. But let's just see what happens first.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I don't know if this is true or not. I saw an article on ESPN.com recently where a senior Texas A&M athletic official said Slocum would "definitely be back next season." A lot is up in the air. No question the natives are restless in College Station though. They want a national title and they want it NOW! How short their memories are. It wasn't that long ago Texas A&M was an automatic W for LSU. I think Slocum has done a great job considering what he has been given to work with. All he needs is a halfway decent offensive coordinator and this team could be a heavyweight.

As for Fran at Bama, if he will just sit tight and weather the storm of probation, he's in good position to make Alabama a contender. But the NCAA vultures are circling again. If he can't control his own booster club, he's got a problem and may want to get out of there.

9. JTV

JTV Founding Member

As I posted two days ago: Fran to the Aggies is a DONE DEAL...Sorry Bama fans, I guess the real penalties begin now...

10. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Try reading this site:
    www.coachfran.com

He's at Bama to stay, he's already under a contract.
    Is that so hard?