Looks like we got another one today

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by cajdav1, Aug 16, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This was posted on the Nebraska Site:

Ht: 5-10 Wt: 180 40: 4.5
    Position: S, CB
    Projected as: CB, S
    Position Rank: NR
    Class: 2005 Senior
    High School: Ryan HS
    (Denton, TX)

Totaled 152 tackles last year (30 for loss), grabbed 2 interceptions and recorded an amazing 15 pass break-ups.

One of the most complete safeties in the nation is ready to commit tomorrow. Who is he committing to and why?

"I went to a couple of camps and my main goal was to get faster and stronger and I think that I have done that pretty well," Oduegwu said.

"I think that tomorrow as a matter of fact that I am going to commit to LSU. I like Coach Saban a lot and my mom likes Coach Williams. She like their academic program."

"I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do it tomorrow. I'm going to go and talk to my coach about it and call Coach Saban."

While it seemed very possible that Ishie and Xavier Kelley would attend school together they most likely will not. Although Kelley is holding an offer from LSU, they are not the leader according to Ishie.

"I'm pretty sure, right now, from what I heard he's probably going to end up at Arizona with Coach Stoops."

Is Ishie Oduegwu the best safety in Texas? That's a tall claim, but after seeing his film you begin to understand why some people are saying that.

He patrols the middle of the field in pass coverage like a good safety is supposed to. He also supports the run better than you could ever dream. Ishie Oduegwu put up some sick stats last year and is improving himself this summer for the coming season.
    He had over 150 tackles last year. That is a staggering stat for a safety. What is even moe incredible is that 30 of them went for a loss of yardage while intercepting two passes and breaking up another 15.

"Our strength and speed camp just ended," Oduegwu said. "Now, I'll be in the weight room. I am going to work on my upper body strength. I feel like I have gotten faster this summer."

Although the offers haven't been coming hand over fist for Ishie, the teams that have offered have been following up their offers with serious interest.

"I have been getting a lot of letters for Texas Tech and LSU. They really want me. I think that Florida is close to offering. I didn't think that they would offer me early."

The letters from Nebraska are still coming regularly to Oduegwu. "It comes hand-written. I have spoke to Coach Gill about four times. We're real tight. I am looking real forward to getting up there to Nebraska."

Ishie admits that the thought of being the best safety in Texas has entered his mind. He has been watching the ranking too and he knows where Clarence Ward and he are at on all of the lists.

"Yeah I know him. He's higher on one list and then I am higher on another."

"I am looking for a great academics program. That's something that caught my mom's eye at LSU when one of the coaches started talking to my mom about academics. She was real impressed with that. The National Championship doesn't hurt. Then I will look at the team and how tight they are and if everyone is on the same page."

While it isn't necessary, Ishie and Xavier Kelley have talked about going to the same school together. "Yeah, there has been some talk. We went to the Kansas State camp together. We knew at camp that going to college would be different."

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Amazing how Saban is pulling in all these sleepers. Makes you wonder about all these recruiting services.

3. max

max Founding Member

The recruiting services rate him high

Both Insiders and Rivals rate him four stars.

Rivals rates him as the sixth best safety prospect in the nation.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

F the rating services!

IN NICK WE TRUST!

:lsug: :champs: :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: :champs: :lsug: :geaux: :lsup:

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I've seen video on this kid and he is IMPRESSIVE. He may only be 185, but he flys around and hits people like hes a linebacker. This is a very good pickup for Saban and Co.