Looter IQ

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 27, 2015.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i said the same to his mom, its close enough, but he wants a catholic college education and I dont know why.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rice has had very good baseball teams for at least the last 20 years. I think they won the College World Series not to long ago.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Since 2008, Rice has had two 10 win seasons, they also won the CUSA CG a couple years ago. Baseball seems to do well also. Two years ago, Rice put up more total offense than A&M when they played in College Station. Yes it is hard to recruit at Rice, they do a good job and have been getting some very good players as of late.Jame Hairston the LSU kicker from a couple years back, finished up his Sr year at Rice.

SMU has taken a step back, mostly due in part to the high ups.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A friend of mine has his daughter at Spring Hill, very nice small Catholic College.

http://www.shc.edu/page/about-spring-hill-college

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, they did.

"Homicide detectives said Monday they are looking for a man they believe may have killed at least 10 prostitutes whose bodies have been found dumped in alleys and on streets in the Los Angeles area during the last year.

"There's enough similarity in what we're finding to link them together," Lt. Ed Henderson, acting commanding officer of the Los Angeles Police Department's Robbery-Homicide Division, said.

Most victims, Henderson told a Parker Center news conference, had been both strangled and stabbed. All of them, he added, had prostitution arrest records and apparently were picked up by car while streetwalking, killed at other locations and then driven to where they were found. Detectives do not know where the killings took place, the lieutenant said.

Henderson said seven of the bodies were found in South-Central Los Angeles, two in Inglewood and another in Gardena. The police departments in the three cities are cooperating in the investigation, he said."
    http://articles.latimes.com/1985-09-24/news/mn-18536_1_bodies

You prove my point....it had nothing to do with race and everything to do with gender/lifestyle.

"According to FBI data, women accounted for 70 percent of the 1,398 known victims of serial killers during the 1985 to 2010 timeframe...there are important reasons why the victims of serial killers are so frequently female and the reasons are unique to male serial killers and their pathological needs.

The presence of a sexual motive often leads a male serial killer to prey on women. As noted by special agent Mark Hilts, chief of the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit No. 2 that profiles serial killers, a “large number" of male serial killers have a sexual motive for their crimes. In fact, it is estimated that sex is a leading motive for approximately 50 percent of all male serial killers"

"Serial murders of prostitutes have been tracked in virtually every part of the nation, with many of the cases unsolved and frustratingly cold.

For a number of reasons, prostitutes are the most frequent victims targeted by serial murderers. Foremost is their easy accessibility to these predators. A sexual sadist can hunt the streets of the city or browse the ads on Craigslist, seeking out an available woman (and sometimes the man), looking selectively for the one who he finds most appealing, the one who can best satisfy his violent fantasies. And for money or drugs, the unfortunate prostitute will willingly participate in making his dream a reality, until it becomes too late to escape.

From the killer's perspective, it is also psychologically easier to prey upon those he devalues. Seeing them as "sex machines," programmed to please, he feels little hesitancy or remorse. By dehumanizing his victims, he is killing someone that he views as beneath humanity.

Most important, however, is that the killer who victimizes prostitutes can count on a slow response from law enforcement and minimal attention from the general public. Were he to abduct and kill some middle-class co-ed, the police response would be intense and immediate. But the disappearance of a known prostitute is not necessarily considered foul play, at least not until the remains of several victims are discovered in a remote dump site."
    http://www.boston.com/community/blogs/crime_punishment/2011/04/why_killers_target_prostitutes.html

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Beats the hell out of me.

Rice is a great spot for outgoing bright kids, not self-absorbed bookworms. They want everybody to be involved in at least two extracurricular activities to get that scholarship.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Notre Dame, Boston College, Georgetown are good Catholic univerities that would all give him a good education to get into med school. Don't you go to DC a lot? You could visit him frequently if he went to Georgetown.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

To me, normally when someone rattles off a bunch of schools they have scholarship offers too, it's sports. You have to apply for most academic scholarships and while you can get full offers to a lot of school, my experience tells me that you generally don't have many because you don't apply to many. But with sports, they just call you up and offer you so it's easier to get 5 full ride offers.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Here in Plano, it isn't at all uncommon for top students to field offers from many different schools.

One of my daughters was talking about the 20 colleges she was going to apply to her junior year--we put the brakes on that pretty quickly. But many of the students here do just that and proceed to get accepted with scholarship offers.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Totally innocent. If you hear of 1000 scholarships, think about how many are sports related and how many are academic. Unless the kid is some kind of nerdy bookworm, with absolutely 0 apparent athletic ability, I would opine that the vast, overwhelming majority of people would assume athletic scholarship. If you start dropping names like Cambridge, Oxford along with Harvard, folks might pick up on academic, but otherwise, very little chance.

In fact, now that I think about it, been there and done that. My daughter got an academic scholarship and I was asked more than once where she was going to play lacrosse....She was on the team in high school, but she essentially rode the pine on a club level team for two years.

Totally innocent

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.