Lorenzo Carter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kappakall, Feb 5, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This stance you continue to take reminds me of something Douglas Adams wrote. "I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it."

Since you've asserted this about Saban using up offensive linemen by the time they get to the NFL...care to back that one up? I'd love to see the example.

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

That's never stopped you in the past.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I continue to take? What that you are an Alabama homer who twists facts and reality to fit your narrative? That is widely known here, I guess except by you. Ironic isn't it. And my comment about Alabama players being used up by the time they get to the NFL wasn't my idea kemosloppy, it's been thrown out there by NFL scouts and analysts. Google the shit.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Ben Wilkerson

red55 and LSUDad like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well said.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Sure its not right?

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've asked for you to cite these instances where I've twisted facts, twisted reality, to fit my narrative. I've waited patiently and here I am...still waiting.

I'm left with the impression, time and time again, you throw stuff at the wall hoping it'll stick. Whether it's fitting a narrative or conspiracy, matters little. It certainly fits your modus operandi.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'm not familiar with how he's used up. A quick google search shows he played four years, 29 games in his last two seasons. He was also an undrafted free agent which makes his NFL career, and the chances of it being a long career, slim.

Are you implying he was used up because of his knee injury against Vandy? As commonplace as knee injuries are with OL; especially a decade ago?

EDIT: Do I recall correctly there was a neck injury at some point?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That injury vs Vandy came in garbage time after a huge lead in the closing minutes of the game. Ben was nicked up all year and the staff was under a lot of scrutiny because the one guy on the line who shouldn't of been in that late in the game was. Probably would of been a sure fire pick in the NFL draft. Just one example you wanted.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@bhelmLSU
    I get where you're coming from—I've seen it for years with people talking about Prothro and the UF game in 2005.

I look at it pretty simply; it's football, there are injuries.

Saying he was used up when he went on to the league for four years? Considering the average lifespan (IIRC) of an offensive linemen is roughly four years? It just doesn't equate.

I see how it's easy for fans to sit back—in that arm chair quarterback role—and say what they do when a starter gets injured late in a game that's well under control. It has to be balanced out with how infrequently it happens.