Lot of talk of dirty play on USC Cockytalk forum

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by K_Jay, Sep 23, 2007.

1. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

i thought the same thing when i saw that. so much so, i looked up the laron hits on youtube.

beckwith nailed him!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that murphy hit was dirty and i hope he got his ass chewed up and spit out by the coaches for it. i don't want lsu to be known for that kind of crap.:angry:

as far as steltz, he is just a hard hitter. nothing dirty, just solid playing in a contact sport. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  3. edyel

edyel edyel

Last years LSU/AU game was the most physical game of the entire CF season. It can be compared to the Ali/Frasier slugfest of long ago. That is what college football is about. The coaches know it and the players know it.

1 person likes this.
  4. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

This wasn't dirty, but on the punt return when we scored but got called for block in the back, I must have seen about 6-7 gamecocks get absolutely crushed by a Tiger, I saw that poor punter skidding about 5or6 yards on his a$$ too.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

that would be the dumbest play of all time...if it was intentional. it would have brought up 4th and goal and probably forced them to kick a FG.

6. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

The Favorite thing wasn't intentional, and he didn't throw the helmet. He reached out his arm to grab the QB and got his facemask instead. It just slung off his face. You could tell from the look on his face as the play was ending that he was very upset with himself for how that happened. It was a good call, but it wasn't a dirty play or anything.

7. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I missed the Murphy hit. If that was the case then he should be chewed out. Favorite wasn't intentional. Smelley ducked as he came up to tackle and he grabbed his face mask.

USC had a couple of face mask that went uncalled.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You hear sour grapes from losing teams all of the time. Just ignore it.

On the other hand, LSU has been a very penalized team ever since Les got here. It's time for him to get a handle on it.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

No helmet thrown. I was disappointed in Marlon for being as pumped as he was after he knew he ripped the kids helmet off. It was definitely heat of the battle, and our DTs wrap up and twist when tackling. Its unfortunate that he didn't let go when he got the facemask, but that play happened so fast, even if he let go, it likely would have been a 15 yarder.

Maybe you watched it on TV and they showed a closeup of his remorseful face...after he finished pumping his fist following the tackle.

As for the Murphy hit, he is a RSFR and this will get corrected by the coaches in the film room. It won't be tolerated and it won't happen again.

LSU brings the hits, no matter who they play. This is evidenced year after year, team after team. A caller to a local radio show last week mentioned that after the Sugar Bowl last year, LSU had zero x-rays and ND had 22. We bring the pain.:po:

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also was on the SC boards, and they were ripping us left and right, comparing us to Miami, Florida State, etc.

They also went on to say that we don't have nearly as much "class" as USCw and OU. Okay, please don't laugh at that.

The Favorite play was called, but Murphy's spear and Chevis Jackson pushing Boyd's helmet should've been called. But, again, that's the way it goes. I saw Trindon's facemask pulled on one of his runs; it wasn't called.

Usually, those things even out--except in last year's AU game.