Lot of talk of dirty play on USC Cockytalk forum

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by K_Jay, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

I noticed the two hits we are talking about but I wish the players were mic'ed up so we could actually hear the taunting and a$$ riding those players talk all game.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think it depends what type of violation. i wouldnt want to get the kids so tentative because theyre worrying about a late hit or maybe grabbing a facemask (looked like some worry about late hits let boyd go a long way.). the bad ones are the procedural ones--formation, delay. the worst one has to be roughing the punter because it lets them keep the ball. on the other side, penalties that get a lot of attention like holding and block in the back arent bad because often the play would look a lot different without them (would mitchell have run the kick back with out them?)

3. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I saw the helmet get thrown.

I also saw LSU players stomping on the USCe players' backs, biting their fingers off, giving them wedgies, pulling out various innards, and eating their still-beating hearts. I am certain that I saw one of the player's pick Spurrier's pocket after the game. It was also an LSU player that stole Gary Danielson's jacket.

Seriously, I can understand being upset about non-calls (though Marlon was flagged for the fasemask...and only an idiot would think he threw the helmet on purpose). But we they had their share. Trindon's facemask was pulled on his first run, IIRC. No flag. That's football.

I really cannot believe they are bitching about Stelz's hit. THAT's football in the SEC. If USCe can't handle that, they need to join the ACC. If their fans can't handle it, they need to start watching ballroom dancing. There's no place for pearl clutching and fainting couches in the SEC.

4. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

I did see it on TV, and what looked like excitement from a distance was pretty clearly disappointment up close. He wasn't pumping his arms in celebration. He was gesticulating wildly about how he had screwed it up. He also had a pretty pained expression on his face.

I wouldn't say he was "remorseful" exactly, in the legal sense of the term. He just knew he had committed a big penalty. He made a great play to get to the quarterback, and he wasn't playing dirty. He just reached out and hit the wrong thing, like when my 6 month old kicks me in the groin.

It was really reminiscent of a play that happened several years ago in a game between Tennessee and (I think) Florida. A guy was rushing Casey Clausen, who ducked in front of him. The defender reached out his hand and grabbed Clausen's facemask, pulling him down to the ground by it. Casey sprang up as if to start a confrontation on the clear personal foul, but after a split second realized the guy hadn't done it on purpose. They ended up patting each other on the butt as I recall.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

There is no excuse for Murphy's hit. It was a cheap shot. He ducked his head and went right for the player's head while on the ground.

I'll never make any excuses for such a play. Doesn't mean he's a dirty player, but it was a dirty play. Do it again and he'll be labeled a dirty player.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

:lol: Sorry, couldn't help it. After all, nothing says class like Bob Stoops running up the score against the likes of Tulsa. Of course, when you're OU, the media just calls it "making a statement."

7. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Sounds like they need to rap some coal oil rags around their ankles so the piss ants don't eat their candy azz up! :bncry:

Dam what a bunch of idiots! :hihi:

8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I am very late to the discussion as I was out of town this weekend. Regardless, I thought SC brought their best game. Maybe I am wrong about that, but they did the best they could and now it is over. Next. :)

9. ATL_Tigah

ATL_Tigah Founding Member

And could have perserved the line!

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

:thumb:

Bad Murphy, Bad! Now rub his nose in it and move on... Seriously, I am sure Murphy got some extra attension at the end of the game that won't be made public. The rest, foosball.