Lots of Championships & a little Bad Blood

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by McKinneyTiger, Jun 10, 2003.

1. McKinneyTiger

McKinneyTiger Founding Member

There are 19 Championships between 5 of the teams in this years CWS and 7 of those came against teams that are also in this years CWS.

Stanford has 2 championships, none over current CWS teams but has been a bridesmaid twice

Cal State Fullerton has 3 championships (under current Texas coach Augie Garrido) one of which came over Texas in 1984.

Miami has 4 championships (two with Skip on staff I believe) one of which came over Texas in 1985 and one over Stanford in 2000

Texas has 5 championships with two of them coming over South Carolina in 1975 and 2002

And LSU has 5 championships, one over Miami in 1996 (who could forget that one) and one over Stanford in 2000.

My In-Laws are all UT grads so I will be pulling for LSU to beat Texas in 3

Geaux Tigers

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Of the last 25 champions, the schools in this year's CWS make up 16 of those, including the last 4, and 8 out of the last 10. Of the 8 schools this year, only 2 have not played in a championship game in the last 8 years. Pretty strong company.

3. LSU_John

LSU_John Freshman

Sorry to hear baout your in-laws.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Yeah...bummer. :D

My in-laws are Tennessee Vol fans...I have my UT cross to bear, too.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My in laws are not even sports fans. Quick story. During the 96 CWS championship game I had to go from my Sister in law's house in Metairie to the in-laws house in Kenner. I left in the bottom of the 7th and had the game on the radio. When I pulled up in the driveway, it was the bottom of the 9th and Warren Morris was coming to the plate. I ran in the house and THE FREAKIN' HISTORY CHANNEL was on, no one was watching and I couldn't find the remote. Guess which great moment in LSU history I missed.

6. TennesseeTiger

That was '96. I remember because I'd just graduated from college (SLU) that May. My graduation gift from my then-girlfriend's parents was a trip to Disneyworld in their motorhome. We were riding back watching it on TV when Warren Morris hit the homer. We were jumping up and down...I thought we'd cause the motorhome to flip over.

7. SabanFan

You're right. I edited the original post. When you've won so many, it's hard to keep track.

8. TennesseeTiger

All I need to do is walk down my hallway...I have all five Advocate posters framed...I need a sixth...

9. SabanFan

My boss is from Miami. Big Hurricanes fan. We had dinner at Mike Andersons and went into the bar for a drink. He's convinced I set him up.

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Let me tell ya about inlaw/outlaw trouble. Now, THIS is dysfunctional.

Father in-law- huge Tennessee fan.(wears way too much orange)

Brother in-law- played football at Ole Piss(I don't know what the hell my sister was thinking.

Wife- MSU fan/grad(then again waht was I thinking?!?LOL....actually I have almost completely converted her. she is now a Tiger baseball fan.

Thank God, the rest of my family us normal and bleeds purple and gold, because there is just so much one man can stand!!