Lots of Championships & a little Bad Blood

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by McKinneyTiger, Jun 10, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

To be a Tennessee fan, you have to agree to wear to much orange. Heck, I've seen people driving white vehicles with tacky orange striping or "Power T's" painted all over them. You really have to question their sanity.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Dysfunctional familes:

Me - LSU

Brother - Ole Piss
    Brother's Wife: Ole Piss....grandfather coached basketball and football their...never met anybody who hated LSU anymore than her, she is an "old school" Ole Piss fan; Ironically her brother played baseball for Miss St. last 4 years;

Dad & His side of the Family: Arkansas
    Dad's wife: Arkansas

Sister: Univ of Tenn.

3. TennesseeTiger

Hub wins...

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hands down...In a rout...A laugher...No contest.:D

5. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

my condolences.....:D

6. TennesseeTiger

My question for Hub is...how much do you spend a year in counseling? My wife is a marriage and family therapist...maybe you could hire her and I could retire early and buy a boat?

:D

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

If you only knew how much money you could make off me or my family with therapy.

For the most part it's not that bad

Only real pain in the asses are my brother and sister-in-law, but really just my sister-in-law. I never had much appreciation for how heated the Ole Piss/LSU rivalry was but I have learned fully. I have never met anyone that hated any school with such a passion as she does LSU. We could be playin Satan and she would pull for him. My brother grew up and LSU fan so he is kinda mixed but his loyalty is to Ole Piss. Whenever we lose to them in anything I hear it pretty good for a while......but don't let the reverse happen!!

As for the Arky fans in the family they are pretty cool. Heck, I was a Arky fan as a kid....being from their.....but moved to BR at a young age and the rest is history. They do have their moments but it's not too bad.

As for the sister at Tenn......her allegiance could fade real soon if the grades don't pick up.

One last little secret, one of my brothers who is on TF regularly (geauxscott) was almost an............Aubbie.......let him have it.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Mine isnt as bad as hubs, but here it is:

Me- LSU
    Dad- Georgia
    Mom- South Alabama (she pulls for LSU though :) )
    Grandfather- Alabama and med school at Tennessee
    Grandmother- Alabama and UNC
    Uncle (dads brother)- FSU
    Aunt (dads sister-in-law)- Auburn
    Aunt (moms sister)- Florida

Pretty much everyone else in my dads family went to Georgia, and my moms went to Alabama. Im the lone Tiger. I really, really, really want to beat UGA this year. Thanksgiving will be rough if we dont.

9. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I guess all ole piss fans are like that, it is about to kill my brother in law cause LSU is goin to the CWS. Of course he says baseball is not a real sport like football(Isn't that what all losing schools say?) Of course, in football he made other excuses...blah, blah, blah....

Almost an aubie??? Thank goodness, he came to his senses!

10. McKinneyTiger

McKinneyTiger Founding Member

You guys crack me up.

I post what I think are interesting statistics and mention in passing that my in-laws went to Texas and you guys send me condolences on my in-laws and post 18 replies on the challenges of having non-LSU relatives.

It made me laugh out loud. I read much more than I post but who knew that my most read/most replied to post would have been about my Longhorn in-laws.

For the record our family looks like this.

Me – LSU
    My dad – LSU
    My mom – LSU
    My stepfather – LSU
    My oldest sister – LSU (Her Husband – LSU)
    My middle sister – LSU
    My youngest sister – LSU (her husband – LSU, his family all Texas A&M, how I love to fly my LSU flag when we stay at their camp)
    My wife – Texas Tech, her sister Texas, her brother-in-law Texas

So you see, I am the lone culprit. But God brought me to Texas, God put a beautiful Texas Tech grad in my life and 2 years ago God entrusted a future LSU Golden Girl into our care. I am not complaining…

Like I said, the perfect ending for me will be LSU over Texas in 3.

Geaux Tigers