Lou Holtz gettin involved

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 30, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Coach Lou Holtz vowed to become more involved next season in South Carolina's offense, but nobody expected him to break a leg doing it.

Holtz sustained a hairline fracture to his lower left leg Saturday while watching the offense practice goal-line situations, the university said Monday.

Holtz was crouched down when running back Cory Boyd inadvertently knocked him over.

The 67-year-old coach jumped right back up and continued practice, but later learned the extent of his injury.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Serves him right for voting USC #1 after the Sugar Bowl. I could kind of understand some Pac-10 coach doing that but a fellow SEC coach?

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I hate to see Lou get hurt, of course. But more importantly can we get Nick to put on his life jacket before he steps onto the dock?

4. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

yes, I do feel sorry for Lou that he got hurt in practice and I wish him a speedy recovery, BUT he and the rest of the Gamecocks should not receive their share of the BCS money for the way that he voted!!!!!

5. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

Lou Holtz is a prick. I'm still pissed off at him for that. You would think after
    the butt whippin we put on his gamecocks he would have shown us respect.
    There was no reason to vote for USC except for him trying to make some
    kind of statement.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

Not to rush to Lou's defense, but he may have voted that way regardless of who was involved - I want to believe that it had nothing to do with LSU or USC directly.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Oh, give him a break. Lou was not taking a swipe at LSU. It was a protest vote. He hates the BCS and wants the system destroyed. I do too. So I will not begrudge him for voting his conscience.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I always kinda liked the man, I feel sorry for him because breaking something at that age takes a lot longer to recover from.

I don't have anything against him until it is proven that he voted against LSU as something personnal versus voting against the system.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Holtz has been around quite awhile and has many peers (coaches) that respect his views. If he had organized a movement for the coaches with votes to put USC #1, thus leaving LSU #2 in both polls, would that have been alright?

If your statement is correct, I would've expected Holtz to defend or "clarify" his choice for picking USC #1. If so, that makes it a little different. Does anyone have a link to Holtz's explanation? Was there one? There better be before I make an opinion about Holtz on this particular issue.