Lou Holtz was just on ESPN Radio/Dan Patrick show

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

He started out by saying "How do you prepare to go into Baton Rouge? They (his team) don't know what they are in for."

Then Dan Patrick said that Holtz makes every team sound like they are the national championship team.

Holtz went on to cite all of our defensive rankings, our winning percentages (75% of night games vs. 41% of day games), and the Bear Bryant quote "its like playing in a drum".

Then they went on to other topics, but at the end, Dan Patrick recapped the interview by saying "I was speaking in hyperbole when I said that Lou Holtz makes every team they play sound like they are the greatest, but the way LSU has been playing this year, I think he may have even UNDERsold them.

2. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

sweet - I love the national run we are getting. it's even better when we as fans and supporters have confidence that our team won't shrink from the national spotlight. They'll come out and perform. I am very confident about that. That's a nice feeling.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Its amazing that on a national radio show, on an interview with the great lou Holtz, they did not actually talk about South Carolina. THEY TALKED ABOUT LSU!

4. Sambacocker

Sambacocker Freshman

To listen to Coach Holtz talk is so much fun. He's as entertaining as Charles Barkley. What a great public speaker! I seldom miss it when he speaks at an Alumni Association meeting. He'll bring tears to your eyes and convince you that you're good enough to play.

5. gamecocksfan

gamecocksfan Freshman

From Lou's practice report today.
    "Playing a team like LSU, we're going to have to play well, and I think we're going to play well. We're not going down there awed or intimidated. We may come back that way," said Holtz."

What's not to love?

6. Spaniel

Spaniel Freshman