Loudest Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, May 19, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

That is a cool thread, nice to see LSU getting props on a Big Ten fan site.

I haven't been to either, but both Autzen and Florida Field both "look" pretty loud on TV, if that makes any sense.

2. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

3. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

The gumps were really loud for the OT game in alabumble this past season. It was my 6th trip to see a game there and that was the first time it was loud from start to finish, except maybe for a short hush during "the kiss"

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I work for Continental in New Orleans and I'm trying to decide if a 757 at take-off thrust or Tiger Stadium after (insert big play here) is the loudest. Jury is still out. I've come away from Tiger Stadium with my ears ringing more times than I have at work.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Any stadium that has their cheerleaders hold up signs that say "NOISE" should not be on anyone's list... sorry Michigan and USC!!!

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

A lot of cheerleaders do that, including ours, I think it's stupid... but they ARE cheerleaders. I don't want to hear anything about stereotypes because for every "smart" cheerleaders, there are 3 or 4 bone-heads. I just find them annoying. I think I'd like the games more without them...

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Or if you can't get rid of the cheerleaders, at least get rid of the female sideline reporter.

Have any of you heard that woman on ESPN 2 call games? I think it's mostly Michigan St. or something, but she sounds like a dude, and even worse, looks like a dude. I get angry every time I hear her voice. Go do your ply-by-play somewhere else, like softball or the WNBA, not college football or any football!

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Whenever I get on the field, I purposely avoid the cheerleaders. Their voices hurt my ears.

9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I feel I must chime in. Ohio Stadium is not that loud. I've been to about 5 games there, never Michigan, but other important conference rivals. The stadium is cool and the atmosphere is great and everything, but not loud.

Rust Belt, er, Big 10 football is boring.