Louisiana and Tiger Pride

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Jul 27, 2004.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I dont understand some of the kids in Louisiana coming up these days. Why do you even think of going to out of state schools when you have the chance to play at LSU and make your home State proud.

These kids ever think of their families and how hard it is to travel longer distances to see the games. Things like that.

I love LSU and have bled purple and gold my whole life. I didnt attend LSU but to this day i have a love for my Home state team and no matter where i go or what i am doing during football season when the Tigers are playing i am living or dying with each play.

There is a pride that i feel in my State. Living in California is hard because it is just a place i live. Louisiana will always be my home.

I wish all the great players coming up felt the same way.

Just once to be able to run out of the tunnel and hear the crowd go crazy in Tiger Stadium and know they were hollaring for my team.

its what dreams are made of.

Geaux Tigers :lsug: :lsup: :geaux: :usaflagwa

2. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

We get our fair share

No team in any other state gets all the players they want from that state. Not all players grow up LSU fans. Some do but think they have a better opportunity to go somewhere else due to depth chart concerns. If we don't get a top QB this year, we will next year be it from this state or from somewhere else.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Calco - I think it's safe to say that most of us feel the same way you do. However, kids these days see the sports world as a yellow brick road. Sports are now America's greatest obsession. 2-3 years of college can lead to a lifetime of financial security and fame. With this in mind, these kids read depth charts like menus...

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Reever is a good QB and he will get a scholarship next year. He will be a walk on this year and run the scout team. I believe we will also get a good QB next year.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Calco if all the kids felt like we do then it would be like the 58 national championship team, but in Pete Finney's Book on the history of LSU football Dietzel is quoted as saying that he really recruited LA hard as the team was filled with out of staters because the previous coaches didn't do a good enough job with LA players, so it's not really a new thing.

Another to think about is the fact that we have done awfully well out of state in the past several years and have always done well in East Texas and SE Mississippi. Thanks goodness too, because a few of these out of staters helped us win a NC.