Louisiana Football Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LOTTERY, Jul 12, 2004.

1. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

What do you think the records will be for the college teams in LA?

LSU 11-0
    Southern 11-0
    Tulane 8-3
    ULM 2-9
    ULL 6-5 ( winning record this year for first time in a while)
    Mcneese 9-2
    NWST 7-4
    Nicholl 5-6
    Grambling 10-1 (lost to Southern as is the annual routine)
    LA Tech 6-5
    SELA 5-6

We will have National Champions, Black College NC, SWAC and Southland Champs. It will be a great year for LA.

2. Chris V.

Chris V. Freshman

La. colleges' 2004 football records

I don't think McNeese will lose to Southern. You'd expect me to say that, but I think that because it's the first game of the season. I think Southern will be better later than on the first playing date.

I realize the game is in BR which will be an advantage for Southern.

What other game did you project McNeese losing, or were you just giving predicted records? I also think LaTech will be better than 6-5 and that Tulane won't do as well as 8-3.

We'll know in a little more than seven weeks.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I also think ULL has quite a way to go to reach 6-5.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't know that Southern played McNeese this season. If the two teams are both about as good as they were last year I can't see Southern winning unless McNeese shoots themselves in the foot. Even though they are both D1AA teams and as good as Southern is among the traditionally black schools McNeese will be just to talented for Southern to prevail.

Tulame won't be as good as 8-3 and the school formerly known as USL won't be as good as 6-5.

5. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

I see S.F. Austin also beating McNeese this year. With Southern's receiving core, they could've beat anyone in I-aa last year. This year mcneese lost a good bit. Southern lost QB but i hear new one is better than Richard and he has a new target, that kid from Lutcher, landry i think is his name. i see southern winning in a high scoring game 42-38.

Ull has improved in the last couple of years and i think this will be one of their best chances to achieve a winning record.

Tulane lost a lot but they will have qualified replacements. QB and RB will have big shoes to fill, though.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Actually, 6 wins isnt completely out of the question for ULL. Other than North Texas, one Sun Belt team is as good (or as bad) as the rest. ULL has a pretty good little QB named Jerry Babb who might just do some good things this year.

7. Chris V.

Chris V. Freshman

McNeese's '04 football record

Ah, yes, SFA, also on the road. That's always a tough place for McNeese to win as is Turpin Stadium in Natchitoches.

You have done a significant amount of research, and I'm impressed.

Interesting discussion to this point in this thread. I'm going to check back from time-to-time to get other people's views. Sooner or later, LSU fans and fans of other SEC schools will probably opine as to your prediction for an undefeated regular season.

Considering the losses (both to graduation and to early w/ds), I think LSU will lose two of the Aub-Ga-Fla-Ark games. It's just tough to win games in other people's stadiums.

Anyway, those are my thoughts which, w/ 50 cents, ought to get you a cup of coffee most places.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Auburn and Florida just are not on LSU's level this year. Georgia, on the other hand, will be tough.

9. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Florida not on LSU's level this year?

You need to explain that to me. Although we played horrible last year they did whip us in our house. This year we play there. Chris Leak will have a year under their belt. If they can keep Channing Crowder out of trouble that will be a tough game, IMO.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I agree. In fact, the Florida game is the one I am most concerned with.