Louisiana Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Eleven, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

not bad the last two years...as its usually pretty good anyway

last year LSU and la tech both won its conferences (LSU's of course being far more impressive:cool: ). ..and of course LSU won the Sugar bowl.

this year LSU going to the Cotton. Mcneese playing for the national title (a PURE national title since they use a playoff..ahem). Grambling won the SWAC (still dont understand why they dont enter the playoffs)... and both NSUs had a nice year and a pretty good playoff run....and i think tulane (yeah, i know..blah blah blah) might even be going to a bowl???

and the Saints are on pace to win another playoff game (yay!)...if only they could beat the bottom dwellers (browns, lions, vikings, and some other loser team?)

we also usually have a few teams in the national high school top 25 (john curtis, west monroe, evangel)

now if we can just get UL-U-Pick'em (espn takes credit for that great name) to drop down to 1-aa (where they belong) then the state would pretty much be winning with everybody.

ps....congrats to the Cowboys on an excellent season. only one more game till they bring home the NC.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I beleive that Grambling and Southern don't play in the playoffs because of the Bayou Classic. I beleive it is considered an extra game and it is after some deadline of when your season has to be over. This is how it was explained to me but I can't guarentee.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Re: Re: Louisiana Football

Do they realize that even if they drop to 1-AA they will still be competing on the same level for baseball and basketball? I think they should invest theior time in their baseball program. They have had a decent program the last few years and likely will be strong this year. I wish we could play them this year. I know there is some hard feelings between the teams but I think that is what fuels a rivalry.