Louisiana kids going elsewhere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jul 27, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I know its not all of us, but I see more often then not when a South Louisiana kid chooses to go elsewhere, some of us seem to take it personally, or think he is betraying his state. I am no less guilty from time to time.

However, we should maybe realize that maybe he wants to experience something different, maybe he wants to leave home and experience a different life. I mean its a 17 year old kid. It not that he hates LSU or LSU is inferior, on the contrary, most of the Louisiana kids who leave the state do it for the same reason kids from Texas and Alabama for example COME to LSU. Its because they want to experience new things. For example the subject yesterday, so he committed to UT. So what, UT has a great program, do they win championships like LSU or OU, no of course not, but they have great facilities and a great campus. Maybe he liked what he saw. No shame in that, he liked LSU as well, but simply wanted to go an experience a new scene.
    My point, is lets not dog pile a Louisiana kid simply because he chose to go somewhere else. LSU will be just fine, UT got a great player. Just like Applewhite when the UT people say WOW, we can say, he is from Louisiana.

Its not a big deal, he is not slighting us or the school, he just made a different choice in his life. I wish him all the best.....

Again this is not pointed at anyone here specifically but I have seen it around where people are saying, His loss, F-him, he is a traitor etc etc.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

In this particular circumstance I feel as though the kid made a great decision for himself. As much as many of us as fans hype up the young qb's on the team right now, we should be looking at one of them starting from 05 to 07. If the kid had come to LSU, those would be his redshirt, redshirt freshman, and redshirt sophomore years, only giving him 2 legitimate years to be a starter.

3. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I agree and wish them the best of luck.......I'm happy just to support the guy's that are on the team now and our future Tigers.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

TT I am in complete agreement with you. I would hope we treat RP the same way as we would want Flynn, Russell, Carter, Big Herman, Bowe and all the rest of our out of state recruits to be treated in Texas and Alabama and Florida.

And I'll add one other thing to the Texas thing, Austin is a great town, one of the best places I have ever stayed over a period of time and I can see why a recruit would like it. I really believe it is a huge recruiting advantage for them.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I agree. Even though Im no football player, I was born and raised in Alabama, and when I grdauated high school, I wanted out. I wanted to go to Louisiana, and after my trip to LSU, I couldnt see myself anywhere else. I was fortunate to get the scholarship I needed, and the rest is history.