LSpoo??? Read what dookies say about us.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Mar 18, 2006.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

My Bad... It was pointed out that the thread was started by an AGGIE. After the game I was so excited that I was hoping to find smack talk by the dookies, but I guess I found none.

Let me know if you guys find any other dookie threads... I am interested to see what their thoughts are regarding the upcoming game.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

All week long the dookies have been saying the team they were most scared to play was LSU. Now, after today, they are saying they are glad they are not playing TAMU. If we played that bad, and still won, that has to be impressive. dook fans are dilusional underachievers that can geaux to hell.

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I've been looking too, and can't seem to find any other active Duke message board.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Go to thedevilsden.com...apply, and find many lsu threads.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

bluedevils0621
    Second String

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Ok, So We Got LSU
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:22:02 pm [​IMG] Anyone nervous or scared? Me? Not really, if they play like they did against A&M they should be no problem. Your thoughts? Posts: 452 CousinUSC
    Blue Devil Starter
    [​IMG] Re: Ok, So We Got LSU
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:23:48 pm [​IMG] I think it all depends on if we can get through the first half of the game without getting into foul trouble Posts: 569 lexing
    Freshman
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:24:45 pm [​IMG] Agreed on the foul trouble part. Otherwise, I think that we have a very good shot against them. Posts: 165 bluedevils0621
    Second String

[​IMG] [​IMG] Re: Ok, So We Got LSU
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:25:03 pm [​IMG] Especially Shelden, if he gets into foul trouble early against Davis (God forbid), it could be a long night. Posts: 454 Jeff41
    RS Freshman
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:26:29 pm [​IMG] I tend to think we've got players that are just a tad bit better than Texas A&M. Remember that was a team that struggled for a lot of the season in a mediocre big xii conference.
    At every single position we're better than A&M is and although LSU will be slightly bigger than we are, I don't think it will effect us that much. They are not nearly as quick as GW and if they try to extend and pressure the ball we'll have no problem breaking pressure. By the time the end of the game comes I believe that Fat Baby will have some difficulty keeping up with Shelden or Josh running up and down the floor. A&M did not have much difficulty penetrating on this team and Paulus and Dockery could pose major problems for them.
    I'm guessing that they might match Mitchell up on J.J. A true freshman against the best player in the country? Advantage J.J. I think we'll have an easier time with them than we did with GW (barring foul trouble). Especially when the boys catch wind of everyone and their mother picking LSU to beat us.
    BRING ON THE KITTIES. Edited by: Jeff41 at: 3/18/06 8:27:11 pm
    RS Freshman
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:27:20 pm [​IMG] if we can contain the penetration of mitchell we should be ok b/c law was as quick as him so that made their defense better.

the one thing we have in our favor is stamina. Davis can't play the minutes that Shelden can which will give us an inside advantage. It won't be an easy game by any means but i think we'll advance. Josh needs to show up and play the same type of game he played today. Posts: 282 DukeFan1954
    All-American

Posted: 3/18/06 8:28:55 pm [​IMG] LSU isn't NEARLY as good as last year's MSU team. They still have an explosive frontcourt that could put us in foul trouble. I like our chances. Their PG is the key. If we can bottle him up, their offense will go through long cold spells like today against A&M. Posts: 1240 duke2005
    Campus Visitor
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:29:01 pm [​IMG] if we push the ball there's no way they can keep up with us Posts: 11 jml2621
    Blue Devil Starter
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:31:35 pm [​IMG] Josh and Shelden will have their hands full with Davis and Thomas if we settle into a half-court game, but they're up to it. Shelden should have a lot of blocks. Mitchell is a pretty decent scorer - Brady isn't the most disciplined coach, but LSU has not lost to a team other than Florida since Feb. 4 when Alabama beat them by 5.

We should push the ball up the floor HARD Posts: 677 DarkerShadeOfBlue
    All-Conference
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:32:55 pm [​IMG] The better the team or the bigger the name the better this team seems to play this year.I personally cannot judge how much of a problem big baby will give Shel. Shel IMO seems to have more problems with long player than the wide ones. In addition McRoberts is getting it big time. He and Shel seem to be working better as a tandum every game. To be pefectly honest I have to clue how good LSU is because I have no basis of comparison. Playing so well today will help greatly for next week. Last year we struggled in the first two rounds and it carried over. We may have gainded a lot of momentum today. Survive and advance is great , advancin a playing well is better. Taking a few days of worrying off to savour what may have been one of our most complete games this year. Posts: 773 devsad
    [​IMG] Premium Member
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:39:14 pm [​IMG] If Josh plays with the intensity and focus he had in the second half of the GW game, Duke is in fine shape, regardless of the opponent. Posts: 5185 maxcrowder
    Blue Devil Starter
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:40:17 pm [​IMG] The best thing is our boy's have been home since about 5:30 today. Back on schedule. Posts: 621 AJonesATL
    Freshman
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:46:45 pm [​IMG] After hearing so much raving about LSU and watching this game I must say they are not as good as I thought. Make no mistake about it they can beat us but if we play like we did today we should beat them.

On a side note after this does anyone notice that there is a great chance of us having to go through each of the highest possible seeds we could have played? GW, LSU, and possibly Texas. We have not caught that one break that many others have. Maybe N.C. State can have something to say about that tomorrow... Posts: 152 DukeFan1954
    All-American

Posted: 3/18/06 8:48:08 pm [​IMG] I have a feeling Texas will get knocked out before the Elite 8, either by NC State tomorrow or West Virginia. Posts: 1241 TeamMackaphy
    [​IMG] Premium Member
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:51:56 pm [​IMG] I always have pregame jitters and this team seems to give me ulcers... so yeah, I'm nervous. Posts: 909 maxcrowder
    Blue Devil Starter
    Posted: 3/18/06 8:52:45 pm [​IMG] [​IMG] Posts: 623 DarkerShadeOfBlue
    All-Conference
    Posted: 3/18/06 9:04:54 pm [​IMG] TeaMack , I understand completely, I worry about evey opponent and only really enjoy the replay knowing we won. Hell I am nervous with 15 point lead with 6 minutes to play. Ofcourse now I have to be nervous because it is expected of me and part of the ritual in our family, me on the verge of a nervous breakdown during every game, [​IMG] Posts: 776 DUDevil2k
    The Devil Inside

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:HcHpCVK-00B2NM:www.butik.pl/im/mediumthumbnail/5/9/59d98.jpg [​IMG] Re: Ok, So We Got LSU
    Posted: 3/18/06 9:16:01 pm [​IMG] That FAT dude cannot run the court. He seriously is out of shape Posts: 12565 jml2621
    Blue Devil Starter
    Posted: 3/18/06 9:20:51 pm [​IMG] Texas has been really inconsistent of late. I'm not sure WVa can beat them, but State can. Many thought GW would be our toughest test to the FF - and I'll stick to that. We just have to continue the aggressive play we showed today. Posts: 681 MattInTheHatt
    All-American

Posted: 3/18/06 9:40:57 pm [​IMG] I have a feeling Shelden will bring his A game against Big Fatty -----------------------------
    [​IMG]
    All-American
    Posted: 3/18/06 10:22:06 pm [​IMG] Let's look at this from the other side---LSU just drew Duke. Bad news for them.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

At least if we lose we get to expand our horizons by infiltrating our souls with Jazzy Jeff Redick's beautiful poetry.

7. Geaux4LSU

Geaux4LSU Founding Member

wonder if they were worried about Southern?

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I find it funny they talk of Davis' stamina. That dude has put up many a minutes every game. He does get winded but so does who ever is guarding him...even moreso. Hell the dude used to be a tailback...I think this is a good win for us.:hihi:

9. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

I was just fixing to tell them the same thing. Just an aggie stirring the pot. I did find it interesting that they are gonna "tear baby a new one", also quoted by an aggie...guess they want someone to do it!