LSU 03 vs Bama 09

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerfan1976, Dec 7, 2009.

1. lsutigerfan1976

lsutigerfan1976 Freshman

I posted this on tigerdroppings and was interested also what everyone thought here. Just to change things up and taking the purple and gold glasses off, if these two teams met who would win? Both are very similar in talent, so do you guys think that Bama 09 could beat LSU 09. Also why would you think that either would win? I think hypothetically if they would face off it would be a very good match up.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

o.k., I'll bite.
    assuming you also mean our coaching staff vs current Bama staff.

In that case, I'll take Bama '09.
    In '03, Saban had a tendancy to go really conservative after an offensive mistake. He completely took the air out of the ball in the CG vs Oklahoma after Mauck's int.

I think Saban now, is less likely to do that. Which in turn would probably lead to more points on board.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You lost me after this point :huh:

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i watched alot of bama football this year, it seems like nick has grown with experience. it's scarier to think he's better now, but it's true.

you're completely right about him now.

however, i like the 03 defense just slightly better at corner and at DE.

i think our o line in 03 is slightly better than bama's now and so are our receivers, i would also give a slight edge to mauck. ingram is better than vincent but not by much (in o3) which is sad considering how the rest of his career played out.

special teams is a wash.

i like us by 3.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I think our team in 03 was better but yeah Bama's coaching staff is better. Our D was relentless and could play some bump and run with Webster and Daniels at the corner and a young Laron Landry at safety. Not to mention our offense was one of the best ever at LSU. Mauck (!) threw for 28 TD's and we had Devery Henderson, Michael Clayton and Skylar Green. Very talented, but didn't always play like it like in the UF game. I think its a good game between the two

6. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I don't hesitate for one second in saying LSU in 2003 would clean Bama's plow. I would also go one better than that, give the 2009 LSU team a month to heal and prepare and they beat this Bama team too. You can say all the negative things you want about Les Miles and I will agree to a lot of it, but the guy can get a team up given enough time. Maybe that is a flaw that he possesses in that he can't prep for a big game in just a week. Go back and look what his teams did to the Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Georgia Tech in those bowl games and in my opinion the best team in all of college football on any and all of those given nights. I won't consider any argument for any other team, my mind is made up on that. Also look at the Virginia Tech game in 2007. As I recall the Hokies were supposed to have a top rated defense that year. They didn't know what hit them, but they know they were hit.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The Virginia Tech game, man where did that offense go? There were some really neat plays in that game that Crowton hasn't used since. Everything was right in the world that night.

Back to the thread, gimme 03 LSU by 10, as long as Jack Hunt is in the game.

8. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Well it's obvious that neither team would lose. They were both coached by Saint Nick. :lol:

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Didn't we have M&M on the line in 03?

10. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

don't Bama fans have there own forum!!

cliff:milesmic: