LSU 03 vs Bama 09

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerfan1976, Dec 7, 2009.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Lamar Thomas had plenty to say leading up to the big game. That was one arrogant team.

Of all the great games I've seen, I can say with out hesitation.

Miami had it coming. That was the end of the invincible hurricanes.

2. UABAlum

UABAlum Freshman

Problem with cherry picking games is that you get unrealstic results. Also go back and look at what the 2003 team did to Ole Miss and (especially) Florida. I think the 2003 LSU team and the 2009 Bama team would be an excellent game. Both teams finished strong. Bama today > Bama 4 weeks ago, just like the 2003 LSU team at the end of the season was better than they were when they lost to Florida and squeaked by Ole Miss. If the 2003 LSU team played the 2009 Bama team twice, they'd probably split 1-1.

3. UABAlum

UABAlum Freshman

While leaving the stadium after Alabama defeated Florida in the first SECCG (1992), a Florida fan said to a friend of mine, Miami is going to kill you guys." My friend replied, "Maybe. But it's better to play for the national championship, even if you lose, than to sit at home at watch someone else do it." The Florida fan only smiled and nodded yes.

In response to teams winning with luck: "You make your own luck." (Gene Stallings, 1992)

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Careful, plotalot will be counter emoting, very adamant dude.
    The best I can tell, he sort of reviews all these games in his head and soon is able to spit out very emotionally detailed, and specific conclusions.

And one more thing, he likes do overs.

Talks about them all the time.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I know, I know. But it was a case of, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." My first 4 or 5 years in Dallas were miserable enough, as it was, what with homesickness, LSU-withdrawal. But having my blood boil at all the mentions of the Cowboys was even worse.

After Bradie James and Marcus Spears were drafted, I just gave in.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It is damn near impossible to be a football fan, and live in the D/FW metroplex and not be forced into following the Cowboys, and like you it was easier when Bradie James and then Stephen Peterman were drafted, and then Marcus Spears and Skyler Green were drafted in the same draft also. It doesn't hurt my feelings when they lose, but i still follow them.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is exactly it. After a while, hating the Cowboys was painful and pointless, so I just let it go.

If they win, great; if they lose, it doesn't hurt like an LSU loss.

My 8-year-old loves them.

Hmmm...maybe some Miles haters should just give in and be a Miles fan; it would be a lot less painful and pointless...

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Exactly, all its doing is just keeping people mad, just accept it, and root for the guy, he is our coach, deal with it.

On another note, my nephews were born in Texas, so their dad who is from Texas has them in Longhorn and Cowboys swag, its painful, but you just have to accept it for what it is. I still make it a point to send them tons of LSU clothes to piss him off though, because i know my Sister is still down.

9. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Point out to me where i once said anything about a do over.
    This makes the third time you have mentioned do overs and now you are trying to pin that label on me. Is it because I did retort to that comment you are to assume that I like do overs? Have you ever considered that some people don't feel the need to respond to every random comment from a mental midget such as yourself? I will respond when I am accused of being hatched or you want to try to tell lies about me. I want to know one thing. Just WTF are you doing on a message forum of a rival team which your team beat, when your team is on the verge of a NCG? Did you come here to gloat? If you did mission accomplished. Did you come here to find out what we think of your team? I don't like them and hope they get their behinds handed to them by Texas.

10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I wasn't cherry picking major wins to boost the perception of my team. I was pointing out something that these major wins had in common, the ability to focus on a single game and execute a near flawless game plan given a month or more to do so.

Now to your point. I agree that there are a lot of similarities between 2003 LSU and 2009 Bama. You forgot to mention that both teams dominated their SECCG convincingly, both games that they were supposed to have a hard time winning if they could win it. It would be an interesting game and it is merely speculation on anyone's part who would prevail. Having seen both teams and their similarities, I still speculate that 2003 LSU is the better team, but must tip my hat to 2009 Bama since they made it thus far undefeated. There is but one person who could possibly be able to answer this question with honest certainty and that would be Nick Saban. I think it would be unfair to him and either or both teams for him to attempt answer to this question.