LSU 10th in new coaches poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Oct 12, 2003.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

look at it this way, we beat USC this weekend, we are assured to move up at least one spot in the polls because Iowa and Ohio St play this weekend as well.

Moving back up will be a slow process, but it can (and will) be done.

2. True Big Blue

True Big Blue Freshman

Give me a break. Auburn has beaten 2 #7 ranked teams in consecutive weeks. All this will do is motivate Auburn to play even better. Personally, I think Texas and Tennessee being ranked higher than us is complete BS. Auburn should be ranked no lower than 20th.

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I think that is about right. This is a team that got bamboozled by USC and also beaten by Ga. Tech. 25 is about right, I think...

apparently the AP didn't agree . .they have us at 19 ranked above Texas - who is also 4-2 with a loss to Arkansas and UT .

I don't have a problem the #25 ranking - just being ranked below Texas and Tennessee in the coaches poll . .

sorry . .back to LSU - 10 in both polls . .at least everyone agrees . .glad you are still top 10.

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Good to see LSU didnt drop that far...

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I really expected to get nailed by the writers and coaches. All season we have heard about how overrated we are, and I thought they would be itchy to drop us down to the 15-18 range. I guess they really couldnt with the way the oter big games worked out.

6. slappy3139

slappy3139 Freshman

right now we have in my mind 4 teams in the sec that are top 15 teams. georgia, lsu, auburn and arkansas. any of these teams can beat the other on any given day. i just hope one can escape from sec relatively unscathed for an outside shot at national championship. hope its lsu but it will be very tough to do. oklahoma looks unbeatable right now
    but thats why they play the games