Lsu 17 Georgia 10 What a Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 20, 2003.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

This is a big win for the Tiger program and can take us to the next level if we keep our heads on right and keep taking care of business each week. This was a big hurdle and we cant let up.

I hope we didnt have any serious injuries and can focus on Mississippi state.

I thought Shyrone Carey ran hard and would like to see LSU get him the ball more. He may be small but he is like lightning. There will be some long runs in his future.

Our offense was realy tight in the first half and seemed a little out of sink. They looked better in the second half but if our defense hadnt played such a great game it could have been over at halftime if Geargia converts there chances.

A win is a win is a win.

CBS sure didnt show much of the flavor of the game or any of the pregame. From the way it looked there was a lot of fans outside.

What was it like outside the stadium before the game? Damn i wish i could have been there!!!

Geaux Tigers

2. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I agree with your assessment. There is still work to be done. I don't understand some of the play calling like on 3rd and 2 QB draw and there was a 3rd and 2 and we pass when the run was getting some yardage. I think JA ran very hard and protected the ball. What ever he did to correct fumbling in the WIU game, he needs to share with Matt in protecting the ball running in the middle. However, Georgia is a very good team. You don't take Michael Clayton away from us unless you are. I was dissapointed in Green dropping 3-4 passes in the first QT, although he did make up for it. Great game and total team effort. I'd give two game balls. 1-Coaching staff and 1-to the defense. Honarable mention to the OL. (Pollack one sack)

3. CalcoTiger

Addai runs hard but i think Carey follows his blocking better. On one screen pass addai cuts up to the inside instead of letting his blocker have a chance.

On Carey touchdown run he set the blocks up and was able to make em miss.

They both are good and i am like you. I would like to have them running it versus mauck. We need him because he is a winner. Even though i wouldnt say he played his best game he found a way to win.

In the immortal words of Al Davis(Raiders Owner)

JUST WIN BABY

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There were not a lot of holes for the backs to run through,and the corner wasn't turned very often either. The Georgia defense was everything it was billed to be.

5. CalcoTiger

I wish LSU would have found a way of getting the ball in Michael Clayton's hands more. I know they were focusing on him but give him a reverse or hit him on a short pass and let him do something.

They called holding on him one time early in the game and to me it looked like a great block.