LSU - 1908 National Champions??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Jan 7, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

:eek:lefire:

2. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

I tend not to watch replays where the refs are the one's that actually play the game, but I do like a good soap opera now and then, and there is a doozy going on at WeAreSC.com. :wink:
    It's all about some southern belles from awbarn swooning over some surfer dudes from USC. :dis:
    It seems the southern belles want equality, while the surfer dudes say stuff like get in the kitchen b!tch, who's your daddy, and 23-0 whatever the hell that means. LOL. :rofl:
    I'm not sure cause the series isn't over yet, but I'm guessing they're going to break up! :bncry:

I heard one of the bathhouse boys call y'all "Whine Eagles", y'all didn't go and get another mascot name now..... didja? :hihi:

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Here's one I've never understood: the AP poll in 1936 put a one-loss Minnesota team #1 over a no loss, one tie LSU team (who finished #2).

I know LSU lost the Sugar Bowl that year, but if Alabama can claim the 1973 title after losing their bowl game, if LSU had been #1 with their zero losses (as they should have been), then they coulda claimed the title after the loss just like Bama.

What's the deal with that one? I say we claim the 1936 title! :lsug: :champs:

PS- Still can't believe how, historically, bad Penn St. has been screwed in these rankings. At least three times, as far as I remember, they've finished undefeated since the mid 1960s and not finished #1.

No wonder JoPa has been so pro-playoffs for so long now.

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

That's right...we were "The People's Champion" that year. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. SWAMPBOY

SWAMPBOY Freshman

If is was not for two blown calls by the referees against LSU, Auburn would still be a one loss team. Take pride in knowing that at least this years team unlike Terry Bowden's undefeated team will not be linked to violations......I THINK?......By the way tell Tommy Flubberville to stop calling SKIP................We Did not and will never want him................Who else would take a REBEL REJECT for a Coach..................WAR-BEAGLES BLOW............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:ldskule:

7. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I don't care who won what before WWII.

8. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

I like to think of the 1907 team as a NC team...two of my great-grandfathers ("Cap" Gandy and John "Bill" Seip) played on it.

My family got to keep the game ball from the Dec. 25, 1907 game against the University of Havana in Cuba, where LSU won 56-0. It rests in a little case in our back room...I keep meaning to donate it to the university (they have a museum for that kind of stuff, right?) but my dad kind of likes just having in the house in case guests come over and inquire about it :hihi:

Great-Grandpa Seip is also in the LSU Hall of Fame, we have a nice little trophy thing next to the case for that.

If you ever go to the Raising Cane's on the corner of State and Highland just outside campus, they have a photo of the team posing in Havana. I always like to sit in that booth and brag to any of my friends who'll lend an ear to hear me tell about it again :D

:eek:ldskule:

Nice to see discussion about the 1907 team. They seem to have been forgotten to most.