LSU 2007 Football Home Schedule Released

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Apr 27, 2006.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The thing I like about the App. State placement is it comes the week before we play Va. Tech--so we'll have a warm-up game before laying the beating on the Hokies.

I remember Beemer went out and scheduled a tune up game the week before we played them in '02. We played like it was our first game and they didn't.

It's much the same as the Arizona State game last year wouldn't have been as daunting (Katrina aside) if we'd warmed up on North Texas first and gotten the first game kinks out.

2. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Not really. That's what the SECCG game is for. IF GA. or Tenn is good enough, we'll see them there.

:geauxtige

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

It's either the kool-aid or the glasses, man... but as soon as I started looking at OUR schedule, I immediately found it humorous that other LSU fans are always "bashing" the apparent ease of some SEC schools' schedules... In fact, we all know that we've been dissapointed in the lack of quality of our opponents... but what can ya do about it?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

2007 looks like a national championship schedule to me. A major out-of-conference team in VT, winable road games, and our toughest SEC games at home.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

I like the placement of the game also Stacy, but I would much rather play a ULL, la tech or somebody else from around here then APP. State. Why not USM?

Now I wish we played one other decent team. Like a decent mid major. i wish our schedule would be

two rent a wins against louisiana teams
    tulane
    good to great oppenent from a bcs conference
    a decent mid major

we will see if it ever happens.