LSU 2nd "dumbest" sports program

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SyrTiger, Jan 20, 2011.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sup gumo? I agree to a point but have to say that to me, education was a means to a better job/money. I thought that's why most people elected to stay in/graduate from HS and/or continue on as well.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

...and six of these:tigbas::champs: are pretty nice too.

(p.s. administrators: we need an NCAA baseball title trophy smiley)

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

of course there is a strong correlation between education and money, but thats not why higher ed exists (im not talking about hs). although it is evolving more and more to be that way, which is a huge problem imo. if you want to make money you get a job straight out of hs selling something or working in the petrochem industry.

4. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

This falls under who really cares. Would you rather be ranked #1 and not qualify for bowl games and a successful season being 6-7 wins like Northwestern. I've argued on several different forums that the SEC is superior to the rest of the nation for several reasons, and one of them is the academic standards in the SEC. The SEC is better in sports then the Ivy League and Ivy League graduates make more money then SEC graduates.

But being a sports forum.. who cares...

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I knew you were clearly speaking of higher education. I purposefully included HS since I felt, in terms of the scope of the "education" discussion, it was pertinent not to appear naive to the fact that a college degree ensured anything more, necessarily, in terms of money.

On the contrary, I recently read where there's a huge shortage of skilled workers in our country at this time. "Going to college" isn't a guaranteed passage for financial security and I agree 100% with what you said about work such as the petrochem industry. I have a friend who was a very good basketball coach but left teaching to work offshore and is SO much better off financially than 4 years ago when he left what he went to school for.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

This really is meaningless. It doesn't even have anything to do with the quality of education at the university. Its just a ranking of the players of one sport.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i would think there are more than a few parents of recruits that care.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

if we are talking about football, then maybe show the parents this.

[​IMG]

LSU Among Football Teams Honored for Graduating - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

looks like a great idea. atleast bama, florida and tx arent on the list