LSU +3 vs Rebs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If LSU's offensive line could get it's shit together this would be the best O line that Ole Miss D has faced all year by far.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I would have thought the opening line would have been higher. Assuming you get 3 points for playing at home, the Vegas odds makers think the Rebs are a TD better? If I betted, I would probably take the Rebs and give the 3.

3. LaSalleAve

That does seem odd doesn't it. I was thinking it would open at 10 and maybe make it down to 4 or 3.5.

@tirk explain this line to us.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well not 10 points, but I figured about a 6 or 7 point dog. I expect the line will move close to that by the end.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well Vegas is certainly waiting on a big move, either by the sharps or the public. The public money will certainly jump all over the rebs laying the 3. The question is what will the pros do?

They may wait for the Joe's to drive the line up to 7 and then take the home dog.

6. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Florida was and even in the beat down by Missou still allowing less yards and we did alright. UF gave up less than 150 yards total and still got blasted. Their D is as good or better than Ole Miss.

7. msully

msully Founding Member

Overconfident :
    Will not be a factor : Our team is as good as Ole Miss and Miss State . Our team proved that with the comeback against State . In one Rebel message board this morning there are over 3,000 members , . I think this game will come down to once again to Senior Leadership . If we get a few players who know how to handle the 4th quarter pressure we win this game .
    I am looking for a surprise for us as Tiger fans , we as well as Les know , Ole Miss has a strong rushing D . If we do not get that surprise, we, as LSU fans are in a heap of trouble . Tennessee got 0 yards rushing last week in the Ole Miss game on 28 rushing attempts . 0 that is what we are looking at without the surprise . I do not look for 1st down passes , but 2nd or 3rd down passes to be big ones . 3 TD passes 1st quarter before Ole Miss wakes up and decides it will be in their best Interest to play pass D . Not what they can do, but what we WILL Do !!

LSU 35 Ole Miss 24

I do not think ranking is on Ole Miss' mind , or on LSU minds . We are going to have a Football Game . More like a Family Dinner on the Ground , "Southern Style" , . One team is" now "and we are looking to the future once again . Our team is coming of age before our eyes .

GEAUX TIGERS !!! GEAUX !!!!
    A one Pack of Redman game . I love 'em !!
    ( A Oct Surprise in BR and Knoxville " Kinda like a family member who got caught stealing family heirloom diamonds and pawning them )
    I need to stir the Pot a little now C 'ya

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

At Ole Miss, I would bet Ole Miss. It's the SEC West. Somebody unexpected is going to beat a favorite every week. Might as well be us at home this week. Upset Special.

If Jennings can't pass, we won't be able to run it. If we ever needed a balanced offense, this is the game.

StaceyO and shane0911 like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

I wouldn't touch this game with someone else's money.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@LaSalleAve Unless there's been a rash of suspensions (see FSU bowl game vs Kentucky a few years ago) or a real significant number of injuries in the preceding weekend I can't recall seeing a line move from -10 to -4/-3.5, ever. A move of 3.5-4 is considering a big move.

FWIW, I seriously doubt LSU is carrying a 3 point home field advantage. You haven't in the past, and just looking at SEC play this year it's likely more along the lines of 1.5-2.