LSU #7 in BCS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AUtiger, Nov 4, 2003.

1. AUtiger

AUtiger Freshman

As an AU alum I don't usually root for LSu during SEC play (for obvious reasons). However, I do root for the SEC in general.

That said can any of you answer me why LSU is ranked only #7 in the BCS. Talk about no respect! Has the SEC reputation fallen that far where our schedules don't carry the weight they once did?

As much as I'd love for AU to go to the SECCG, I just don't see LSU losing another game on their schedule.

Maybe with that and an SECCG win, you guys have a shot at the Sugar Bowl...or at least a top 5.

I mean come on...OSU, FSU, VT all ranked above LSU...I'd take your tigers against any one of these.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well SOS has everything to do with that, Marshal bailing out (another team) this year really killed LSU's SOS...
    Sure the SEC without question is the toughest conference in the Nation. Hands down...

However our OC just kills us.

Fact is IF (And thats a big IF) LSU wins out, there will be hell fire if LSU does not play in New Orleans. Why ? LSU only loss would have been to a ranked UF team. (Assuming UF continues) LSU won the strongest Division in College Football, USC does not even play a COnference Title game....

Basically this year no matter what the BCS will be exposed as crap.

Of course all of this is a mute point if LSU does no win out...

So at this point I think all of us are more concerned with how LSU will perform on the road after a bye week..

Geaux Tigers

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Unfortunately, Auburn is partially to blame. We may have been able to overcome our OOC schedule if Auburn, Florida and Georgia had maintained their traditional place in the top 10. South Carolina and Mississippi State are akin to mid majors (in BCS's view) and we get absolutely ZERO credit for beating ULM, WIU, Arizona and La Tech.

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

With our OOC schedule, even if we were undefeated I dont think we would be top 2. Now I know alot of you will disagree, but thats reality. Even with teams that bailed on us this year, it still would be a very weak OOC schedule.

5. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Now, that's just ridiculous. An undefeated LSU would certainly be sitting at #2 right now!