LSU #8 in initial AP poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Aug 18, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Exactly, they should not have a ranking. They said it themselves basically.

2. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

This is an appropriate ranking I think. The only hurdle that I feel LSU has is gaining some game time experience on the lines. If they gel quickly, then they will rocket to the top, given their schedule and tough road games. Just my .02

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don't have any problem with a #8 preseason ranking. And I don't mind who is ahead of us since it is a preseason ranking. I've always felt that the AP was much more respectable than the coaches poll, even considering 2003. I am glad that the AP slapped the BCS in the face in 2003 - not having a playoff is a joke. I still feel very confident that our 2003 team was the best team in the nation, but the NCAA kept us from finding out on the field. The NCAA is ridiculous.

As a side note, 7 of our 12 opponents are ranked in the preseason AP poll. How Ole Miss got some top 25 votes is beyond me, but they did. Maybe they'll have a decent year this year. If I were one of the major Mississippi schools, even S Miss, I'd be pushing hard to improve my program. There is a real chance to dominate the state of Mississippi with the lack of real teams in the state at the moment.

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Probably no one but Louisville. But their weak schedule could hut them in the BCS rankings at the end.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Im calling it...a WV loss to Miss St...seriously. Prob. wont happen, but I can feel it.

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

marshall has a good defense, louisville will beat them because they are playing at louisville, that pitt game will be close because there rivals and miss state will give them a game i bet.