LSU/A&M Thanksgiving Night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The games should be played on Saturday both home and away. Saturday night in Tiger Stadium and Saturday either day or night at Kyle Field, depending on aTm's choice. This Thursday crap forces both teams to schedule a bye week prior to that game. I would rather a Friday game than Thanksgiving if both teams played the previous Saturday

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The holiday exposure is valuable without measure for recruiting and overall program visibility. We have to give up Saturday, but we shouldn't have to give up the night game . . . unless it puts millions more viewers watching the only game in town.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thanksgiving Day is pretty much dominated by NFL Football. The Dallas Cowboys always play on Thanksgiving and if their game runs into the evening millions of Texans will be watching that game and hurting the ratings of the LSU-ATM game for at least the first half. People watch football the whole Thanksgiving holiday. If either LSU or ATM or both are worthy of a prime time national telecast it will happen whether its on Thursday, Friday or Saturday

cajdav1 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let's face it, The SEC home office will stop at nothing to fuck over LSU. Has the time for the Bama/LSU game been announced yet? Watch it be a day game. Just watch.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They are doing that because LSU will have a black quarterback.

cajdav1 and Richdog like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hur hur hur

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Those damn Republicans

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think it can. If I remember correctly they signed some sort of agreement with CBS that said the LSU/gump game WILL be at night when it is in TS. Not sure how long it goes for, think it was for a few 3-5 years or so.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't believe a contract has been signed but LSU has received verbal confirmation from the SEC and ESPN that the night game tradition will stay intact. CBS will still get 1st choice and can pick us for the 2:30 slot and will likely pick the LSU/Bama game for one their doubleheader weekends during primetime as long as our programs still bring the ratings.

10. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

By the time the BATMA games come around Brandon Bergeron might be the QB. Jennings and Harris are going to get whacked by an S.E.C. DL/LB and injured if they try running as much as I think they will. Neither one are big enough to take much of a pounding. Sure wish Harris would have had a RS year.