LSU a possible destination for Robert Marve? (speculation)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Abita Bengal, Dec 30, 2008.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Senator Lloyd Benson. The Southwest Freeway through Houston (US 59) is actually the Senator Lloyd Benson Freeway, at least I think that's what the sign just outside of downtown heading toward the West Loop says, I think. I was usually in fear for my life when I passed it. :eek::eek::eek:

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

IF he would have gotten rid of perrilloux sooner then MAYBE things wouldve gone better.

i dont see what the big deal is about a coach letting someone go after breaking rules at least 5 times. i wouldnt have done it myself and i wasnt calling for perrilloux to be cut, but breaking rules at least 5 times? thats a few. ive seen a few grown men with families and kids fired for much less than that.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

RP was getting in trouble for petty crap. He didn't deserve to get kicked off the team until he actually was kicked off. We couldn't kick him off his freshman year because we thought he might get in trouble later...

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Coach Miles was thoroughly justified in kicking Ryan Perriloux off the team. HIs attitute towards authority was poisonous. In fact, I think the attitude problem on the team (defense in particular) is a symptom of his poor attitude. I really think it was like an infection. The coaches should have picked up on and dealt with it sooner. That was their responsability.

But let's put this problem into perspective. Alabama had, I think, ten players arrested this past season. Georgia had eleven. And I'm not talking about selling textbooks or whatever. Has RP been arrested once? Even during the counterfeiting thing, I don't believe so (I could have missed something though).

I was impressed with Miles when, in the face of public outcry from everyone, he referred to a "promise made to someones mother on a living room sofa". I was impressed because he obviously really cares about the personal lives of even his problem children enough to take public heat in order to give them one last chance. Coach Shannon at Miami appears to be the exact opposite. Not only does he not care, he seems to be downright vindictive in the Marve situation.

We will have the greatest recruiting class in LSU history because our coach is class personified. If my son was considering both LSU and Miami I would tell him something like "It's your choice but would you rather eat chicken sh!t or chicken salad !!"

Good for Miles for making the tough decision concerning RP and good for him for showing such genuine concern and patience. :miles:

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

so you dont believe the quiet rumors (that have been on TF) about numerous failed "tests"?

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It happens... don't think RP is the only one on our team to have failed a drug test.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Looks like Miami is lifting some of his restrictions but are claiming that Tennessee, Florida, and LSU may have been improperly contacted by his family regarding a potential transfer so Miami is prohibiting him from playing there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3806816