LSU AD Says Non-Conference Opponents Are Scared

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CollegeFanatic55, May 20, 2015.

1. CollegeFanatic55

CollegeFanatic55 Freshman

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

SMH.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What an idiot. Great bulletin bd. material right there.

Not to mention, of course teams are wary of playing top 25 programs on the road...AS ARE WE doing the same. I don't see us banging on the door of the Florida St, Ohio St, or Oklahoma to go play there, either.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't we have a homi and home scheduled with OU?

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Please tell me we aren't truly close to filing for bankruptcy?

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Stupid stupid comment, but I'm not surprised, after all it is Alleva. LSU has scheduled some quality OOC opponents and some have avoided top tier competition. However it's one thing to think and say things privately and quite another to do it publicly. Alleva has never been known for forward thinking, he's a knee jerk reaction type personality. Do whatever comes to mind and worry about the fallout later.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We play Zona St in Tempe, Texas in Austin, UCLA in the Rose Bowl, to name a few, there are more.

Richdog, lsu-i-like and TigerTap like this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yes, but not until after 2020. Its been pushed back once or twice.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bulletin board material is only useful if there is actually a game to get fired up about. How many butthurt AD's do you think are now out there trying to get Alleva on the phone after that comment?

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There were a handful of reports a couple of weeks ago where the word "bankruptcy" was tossed around. It's a parsing of words when F. King Alexander is using the phrase, "financial exigency plan." That's certainly related to bankruptcy. Alexander was quoted saying that going that route was "how LSU was going to survive."

The author horribly misses the point, or simply doesn't understand how the fiscal side of an Athletic Dept., when he suggests playing a home game against a marquee team would have a bearing. He fails to mention when a team makes that road trip, it's not adding to the revenue but actually losing money.

It's a horrible situation, but not that uncommon. Now, the cuts Jindal has proposed seem extreme. I believe the number is over 80% of the higher education budget has proposed slashes for the state of Louisiana. @red55 might know this off the top of his head...it seems to me the reported shortfall last year was over 1.5 billion.

Point being: one football game, against a team like OU, won't do a damn thing.