LSU AD Says Non-Conference Opponents Are Scared

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CollegeFanatic55, May 20, 2015.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Following up a comment from earlier, I just looked at the future schedules on lsusports.net, and the future Oklahoma series no longer appears on the site (games through 2024 are listed). Interesting because today's paper says Oklahoma has signed a 3-game agreement with Tulane that includes one game in New Orleans in 2021. That game is currently listed for Yulman Stadium, but I have to think ticket demand could force it to the Dome.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Those games with OU have been on and off the schedule for about 8 years now. I think they dropped them for good a few years ago when they made that sidebar bowl agreement

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would rather play teams like OU in one of those opening day neutral site games than a home and home. I think fans would rather travel to some place like Dallas, Houston or Atlanta than to Norman, Eugene or Raleigh for a return game. The 2016 game with Wisconsin is cool because at least they play at the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's not what we're discussing though. Our AD is talking about a ONE'er, not a home and away.

Really? How many of those were a regular season game in their stadium with no return game at TS?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, how many?

7. LSUTiga

Don't answer a question with a question gringo.

8. LSUTiga

Yes, Tap, I was. It's the thread title and I was responding to it. It's inferred, I thought that was understood.

Also, I'm not sure how Terry changed the topic. Had I been replying to what he said I would have quoted him. I'm not even sure what SMH means.

Close. 2 & 3 were together with one special note, I said, "I don't see us banging on the door of the Florida St, Ohio St, or Oklahoma to go play there, either.That "the" was because I meant to say "the Florida State's out there to mean upper tier programs. My fault for not being clear.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Imagine my reaction reading most of what Tap, AKA "it's all Birmingham's fault conspiracy theorist" posts.

Shaking My Head.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You actually read that crap? Shaking my head