LSU all decade team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 22, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i had hester and landry originally, but i took Landry off because he got burned deep too much, and committed way too many stupid penalties for me personally. As far as Hester yeah i goofed on that one, should have had him at FB.

Now on Red's list, i just can't agree with Cameron Vaughn. I thought Vaughn was terrible. Other than that great list.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Only changes is I have are Josh Reed at one of the wide out spots (not sure who I'd drop in his favor) and either Russell or Davey at quarterback.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Closest one so far. I'll go with Davey over Flynn, Reed over Clayton, and Faulk over Vaughn

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

No love for Toefield or Double D?

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I considered DD, but I think both of those guys straddled the 90's/00's line. Thought about Alley Broussard and Scott as well, but I think Addai and Hester are the right choices. Excellent play for longer than any of the others.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I loved Domanick Davis, he was one of my favorites, but when i look at the body of work, Addai and Scott both had better careers than Davis or Toefield in my opinion.

7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Made some changes to what I think are some great choices

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

It's hard to argue against Addai or Scott, but going into this year, Toefield was our 6th all-time leading rusher, Addai was 8th, and Davis was 10th. Davis was incredibly valuable as a punt returner, too. Also, Toefield's first season was 2000, but DD did play in the 90s.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I hope the next decade will have just as many great players. I saw a few clips from the LSU/Oklahoma game last night and was wishing we had another Marquise Hill. I loved his size and how massive he seemed when laying out a QB.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Josh Reed and LaRon Landry are a MUST on ANY all decade team for LSU. Both were All Americans and amazing players. Id take Davey at QB, he was lights out in '01. James should certainly be a LB as well.