LSU and the BCS Before it comes out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 21, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I have gone the the Computer Ranking Sites of all the polls used by the BCS and looks like LSU is going come out around 8 or 9( this is my best guess. That is no Big Deal that Sounds about right but what is going to make you sick is Notre Dame they are probably going to come out in the top 3 maybe 4. LSU in most of the polls are ranked 10 but they have a # 5 and and # 7 Notre Dame is Ranted # 1 in 2 polls and # 2 in 2 polls. That is until they get Waxed by FSU sat.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Pretty good guess. They are 9th.

3. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

They got that rankinf on strength of schedule.

4. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

I think Notre Dame needs to find a conference

I think the BCS should make Notre Dame play in a conference or lose their eligibility for BCS bowls. The BCS is already making special provisions for ND in their rules so I know it wont happen. Until ND plays an 8 game conference schedule like everyone else, they wont be tested as much as other schools are. Sure they play some tough teams and have some intriguing matchups with rivals, but there is nothing like playing conference games where a team like BC can beat Miami, or UNC can beat FSU. Conference games are rarely a cakewalk and often become upsets that shake up the whole BCS.

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

OUT

Notre Dame will be out of the picture come Saturday.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Maybe they should join the Big10 and change the name to "The Notre Dame Conference (plus those other 11 guys)". Then they could legitimately lobby for a conference championship, but the only provision would have to be that Notre Dame plays in the title game every year. Oh, and they also have the liberty to switch divisions if they feel one is two strong for them. Then the NCAA would have to allow them 6 non conference (from 1-AA or mid major conferences) games every year so that they would only have to beat 4 conference teams to have a 10 win season. Those 4 games must however be against the 4 last place teams in the conference, and ND will never schedule OSU, UM, or PSU, in order to assure a top 10 ranking every year.