Lsu Arkansas Game back to Fridays

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerleg24, Jan 18, 2011.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

OK, you got them at home, I'm holding you to the same notice. But according to the schedule I've seen they are determined to keep their bye week, so why make it any harder on ourselves. So we got four more SEC teams with bye's this season and the office ensured us it would get fixed.

I don't know how LSU claims they have no "natural rival" if we claim all those who are determined to get these bye before they play us, we must have at least 10, including you guys.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You guys have the officials on your payroll though, it almost evens out. The way I see it, we are still owed something.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

And I personally feel that in your return visit to Tuscaloosa you will be be properly given what you rightly have coming. :rolleye33:

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

sweet, a victory... can't wait.

5. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Yeah I like this game on friday, day after thanksgiving, it just seems right.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I know "traditions" is a word that should not be used lightly, but after over a decade of Friday games versus Arky I feel it fits. They have to start somewhere, right?

CBS and the SEC initially tried forcing this game on LSU/Arkansas fans with that monstrous trophy. Trophy notwithstanding, after the Razorbacks' constant stepping up to the plate the last five or six years, this has finally become a rivalry. LSU and Arkansas both need a conference rivalry. Ole Miss hasn't answered the call like Arkansas has the past ten years and while Ole Miss fans don't like LSU (at least among the under 40 crowd), they absolutely abhor Miss State. LSU/Arky fits. Playing the game on Friday sets it apart, not to mention the stage it gives the school on a day when so many people don't want to leave the house due to turkey induced comas.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Friday games sucks. It's no rivalry at all. Year after year, the Thanksgiving weekend is ruined for those who travel for the holiday. The students are out of town already, and half of the season-ticket holders have to rush home quickly to be ready for the game, which is never a night game. The crowd is always light.

I say, tell the network to move the Friday game around the SEC so that LSU doesn't have to do it more often than once a decade.

1 person likes this.
  8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Whine Whine Whine. Half of those bye week games were against inferior teams and early in the season, when it's not that big a deal.

And it seems that you guys are pretty determined to keep a bye week before us, for the last 3 years minimum, so we had no advantage there.

you're on the wrong board for sympathy.

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

not as magnanimous as you were before y'all got your ass kicked, are you?

what's the matter, worried that the rest of the SEC isn't just conceding to the greatest coach since the bear, and the mecca of college football?

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No sympathy here but Bama did face an ungodly number of teams coming off of bye weeks. Personally, I loved it but had it been us I would've been screaming too.